SoundSplinter

Orphan 8's Need a Home!

Shoot yes, I have tons of these li'l beefsters! That single 6 ohm coil tends to turn people away but all things considered, it's a damn fine driver.

AWSOME ok I have some selling to do. I think 6 of these ported off of an AQ2200 (or bigger LOL) would be nice. :wacky:

AWSOME ok I have some selling to do. I think 6 of these ported off of an AQ2200 (or bigger LOL) would be nice. :wacky:

Swappin out the dd's for some of these?

Swappin out the dd's for some of these?

I'm considering it. I'm also looking at an RD3250.1 to push 6 of them. :bigclap:

Right on, the dd's will definately be louder but I'm guessing these orphan 8's would sound leaps and bounds better. I really miss my rli-8's :(

If it wasn't so close to christmas time I'd think about picking some of these up...they look like fun for sure.

Edited by duece212

I really like my DD's, but everytime I drive the wives car I miss the SQ of anything SS ive ever owned LOL. I would like to get about 500-600w to each (6) of them. That might make me happy LOL.

I know how it is. My 1508's sounded hollow on some songs, hard to describe the sound but it wasn't good...they got loud though. My 2 rli-8's sounded good all over, guessin 6 similar drivers on 3kw could be fun and sound good :)

guessin 6 similar drivers on 3kw could be fun and sound good :)
Thats what i'm hoping for. :drink40:

Got an Orphan 8 and a Rli-12 on the way!

I want to try the 8 in both a ported and sealed enclosure. Anyone know what kind of ported enclosure it would like? could I use something similar to what the rli-8 likes?

Sounds like its not worth it to put the Rli-12 in a ported enclosure.

I will prbably run all of these in the truck for the test but the 8 will find its way to the dorm room sometime to be mated with the BIB's.

Ok with the DDs gone I'm starting the planning of the next box. I'm looking at 12"Tx36"Wx18"D tuned to 34Hz. 6 of these running off of a sundown 3000D. :bigclap:

Sundown3000 or Memphis4K? Mike, you think 6 of these would be able to handle either of these amps?

I installed my 2 Orphan's this past weekend and they are awesome! Great SQ, and even in a small sealed box they have more than enough output for my use. Awesome subs, and more than happy with the excellent customer service from Mike. Thanks for putting up with all of my emails. :rockwoot:

^^^ great news to hear. I really wanted to pick up a pair for my office but I already have too many outstanding projects. Maybe there will be a couple left when I get finished with the current projects. :P

Glad to hear you're diggin' on the Orphans Apex Rex! :woot:

Sundown3000 or Memphis4K? Mike, you think 6 of these would be able to handle either of these amps?

Hell ya! :captain: 500 watts on one of these Orphans would be perfect.

The Memphis may begin to push it a little, but if you are careful with your equipment, they should take it.

Heya Mike, I was wondering if you saw my pm. If not, I was wondering if you could pm me on a purchase of 8 of these things.

Thanks

Rob

whats the VC diameter on the orphan 8s??

Looks like the tc2+ motor so I assume it's a 2 inch coil, just like on stock RLi's.

This still happening?

mike at soundsplinter dot com

He's always fast at replying to emails :)

Anyone have any vids of these in action? ;)

I might be able to get some for you... Might take a day or two though.

Anyone have any vids of these in action? ;)

I might be able to get some for you... Might take a day or two though.

Alright sounds good :)