Trixter

T/S Parameters, WinISD and stuff....

I was loading the parameters into WinISD and noticed that there is no SPL parameter. Is it safe to just use the default one provided by WinISD? (I got 87.59 for a 12" RL-p) Also the paramenters on the site do not distinguish between 2 and 4 ohm subs. I don't think that the RE for both is 3.8.

I have heard that these subs are very compairable to the Brahma. Compairing the curve on WinISD, inputing the same box size and freq., there is a big difference in performance, possibly due to the parameters I put in.

Anyone got a flash light?

Hey Mike, since these are a DIY sub, it might be kinda neat to have the drivers for WinISD, LEAP, BBP and other popular programs downloadable on the site. ;)

I'll have more t/s parameters available coming this week. I have to run out the door now but I was skimmin' the caraudio.com forums and heard concern that I don't visit here anymore.. outrageous (and inaccurate) claims indeed! wink2.gif:P

I also agree it would be very nice to integrate some of the modeling program info into my site.. which I will also work to get up there soon but I may have to head out of town for a bit later this week so let's just say it'll be up there when it'll be up there tongue2.gif

Just wanted to add that WinISD is a shakey bet for calculating driver paramters. If you enter only the electro-mechanical parameters it should be allright, but I've been told only WinISD Pro Alpha offers this option.

The T/S specs listed on our site are from a 4ohm unit. Though a change in the Re parameter does affect the rest of the param's, there is very little difference between a 2 and 4 ohm driver. I will, however, work to get specs up for each iteration of the drivers I currently offer.

Hey trixter,

Finally got full specs for all my drivers which will be up on the site soon. For now, here are your sensitivity specs for the RL-p12 2ohm and 4ohm drivers:

RL-p12 2ohm dvc:

• Sensitivity: 88.81 dBSPL max @ 1W absorbed
  • Re: 3.7 Ohms, DC resistance

RL-p12 4ohm dvc:

• Sensitivity: 87.79 dBSPL max @ 1W absorbed
  • Re: 6.26 Ohms, DC resistance

These values are slightly different because the original values posted on the site were from a prototype driver, whereas these are tested from one of my finished production products. Give me a few days and I'll have the entire line of updated stats up on the site as well.