BaSs_I_LoVe_YoU

Does it actually work?

Hey guys you have prob heard of Seafoam. The stuff thats suppose to give u better mpg and clean out ur car etc..Plus it makes really cool smoke effects out of ur exhaust!

I want to know does it actually work and can it harm you engine?? because i just got a new Jeep GC limited and i was wanting to do this to see the cool white thick smoke but i dont want to piss off my engine..i called my local jeep dealership and hey said that most of the sh*t they listed on there web site is a lie and its all marketing! so does it work?

what is your experiences with it?

thanks!

i use sea foam in my wreckers... old school guys swear by it... so i use it.. also marvel mystery oil

It works, but you don't need it for a lonnnnngggg long time.

You need to accumulate carbon build up in the engine. A lot of the time carbon is bad, but on extremely old cars, the carbon actually keeps the engine running (stopping up leaks etc).

I do my vehicles once every 30,000 miles.

if used in your oil , i thought youre supposed to change it a few hundred miles after.

ive never used it , dont think i will. im scurred my engine will just be one big leak after with 150k+ miles. then to get new seals put in...nah.

Use the stuff and it works. Did an awesome job on cleaning up the EGR, IAC, and FITV valve on my Accord. Almost one of those unbelievable fix-alls in a can.

I use it on 2 strokes mostly, it is great for outboard engines. Of course a 2 stroke collects a lot more carbon inside and can eventually screw up the rings, cause hot spots/etc. I can see the difference when I look in the plug hole after using it. But a car, it would need to have many miles or a particular carbon issue to benefit, I would think, much like other additives. I only had one car that needed injector cleaner every 10K or so, it would run rough. Every other car it made no difference so I don't bother. I don't use that solvent type stuff in oil...only have used slick 50 and stp, and they worked for what I needed them to do. I try to run synthetic oil and never add anything until 100K+ or better. But gas, it could help a car with some miles, or one that has weak valve guides/etc...I have seen oil goo and carbon stuck to the back of intake valves, that could impede air flow, and seafoam ought to help remove it.

if used in your oil , i thought youre supposed to change it a few hundred miles after.

ive never used it , dont think i will. im scurred my engine will just be one big leak after with 150k+ miles. then to get new seals put in...nah.

I put it in my oil for a few hundred miles then change it....then pour a half can in the brake booster.

Theres so much crap build up in the exploder its crazy how I can hear and feel the difference before and after