Sign in to follow this  
tnynyn

Did I bridge this correctly?

I have it powering 2 speakers in 2 channel mode bridged.

One speaker is on channel 1 (Positive) channel 2 (negative)

One speaker is on channel 3 (Positive) channel 4 (negative)

RCAs:

One line to channel 1+3 (using Y-splitter)

One line to channel 2+4 (using Y-splitter)

It seems to be working fine, but I am unsure about RCA connection, Did I connect it right?

From what I've read, if in bridged mode, then all RCAs need to be filled via Y-Splitters.

If I have it hooked up as 1+2 and 3+4, then only 3+4 will play (this is coming from the MIDS input of the HU as I am using the 4 channel to power my mids in bridged mode)

OK heres a quick drawing of my current connections/setup. Main question is, are my RCAs to amp #2 correct the way they are connected (CH1+3 and 2+4)?

88903132qt1.jpg

If I connect the RCAs on amp #2 as CH1+2 and 3+4, then only CH 3+4 will play.

It looks like you lost stereo operation on the second amp on the right.

You have a mid bridged on CH 1+2 and a mid bridged on CH 3+4 ?

That means all the left needs to go to CH 1+2 (left mid) and all the right needs to go to CH 3+4 (right mid) so you have left and right stereo operation.

It looks like you lost stereo operation on the second amp on the right.

You have a mid bridged on CH 1+2 and a mid bridged on CH 3+4 ?

That means all the left needs to go to CH 1+2 (left mid) and all the right needs to go to CH 3+4 (right mid) so you have left and right stereo operation.

Would I just lose left and right fading? Any other problems that can arise to this if I just leave it? I think I might of figured out my problem. I also have the rear speakers powered by the HU (AVIC-D3) so I think the HU see that as my right while the RCA output as my left. When I fade all the way to the left, both my front mids and left rear speaker play; If i fade all the way to the right, only the rear right speaker play. I guess it would be better if I just disconnect the rears but I like to have it for passengers.

No, it won't cause any problems - just no left to right. Both sides will be a mix of L+R.

No, it won't cause any problems - just no left to right. Both sides will be a mix of L+R.

Ah ok, thank you. I will leave it at that since I've spent the last entire week installing the amps (trying to make it a stealth install, which came out pretty well).

Sign in to follow this