Sign in to follow this  
RuffRidah4Life

!!!!!help with 2 12" Fi Q's!!&#33

i just recieved a pair of 12" Fi Q's and i got a problem. i dont know whether to put them in a dual chambered or single chamber ported box? also i need to know what amp to get for them? is it better to get 1000W amp for each or a 2000W amp to power both? im also curious as to whether id need a capacitator and alternator for these bad boys?? :neil:

sae1000 for each...and the alternator kinda depends....if you have a deep bat under the hood + big 3 you should be fine.... but then again the easiest way to find out is to just hook the chit up....also id go single... :rockwoot:

theres plenty others on here that should chime in some more helpful info :rockwoot:

Just do single chamber. And what amp you should get depends on what you want bases on quality, looks, power, and price. I'd just get a single 2000 watt amp because it's easier to set up and oftentimes cheaper than two 1000 watters. Capacitor, no. Alternator depends on how big your stock one is.

Just do single chamber. And what amp you should get depends on what you want bases on quality, looks, power, and price. I'd just get a single 2000 watt amp because it's easier to set up and oftentimes cheaper than two 1000 watters. Capacitor, no. Alternator depends on how big your stock one is.

yea i feel u but what if money isnt the issue? it would be better buying two 1000w amps in that case right? so whats one of the best brand amps out there? i was looking into the hifonics brutus series

Yes, go with a sundown... Very good amps and please stay way from hifonics.... not crap but overrated by about 25%...

Edited by thehawk93

yea i feel u but what if money isnt the issue? it would be better buying two 1000w amps in that case right? so whats one of the best brand amps out there? i was looking into the hifonics brutus series

I still think a single amp is the way to go money issue or not. Fewer parts to go bad, easier installation, typically less space consumed, fewer wires running around, fewer places for things to go wrong.

I still think a single amp is the way to go money issue or not. Fewer parts to go bad, easier installation, typically less space consumed, fewer wires running around, fewer places for things to go wrong.

yup yup. and i feel that i would rather have 1 big amp. and run gains lows. and have more power in t he future for when i upgread my subs,.