mrray13

tournament time

yep, in less then an hour, i will be signed in, weighed and hopefully ready to "GET IT ON!"

since i started class, i've dropped 10pds (down around 232-235, from 245), cardio has greatly improved as well as flexability. that last one is the best feeling, though i like how all my pants are too big too!

anyway, wish me luck. i wonder how this old body is going to take the beating, lol. pics up afterwards!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Tear his fucking head off!!!!!

well, i finished third in my age group, but had to step up to an intermedite belt group (sparred against blue belts, i'm gold. depending upon style, i'm two to four belts below blue)as there were no other beginners at my age. and i should have finished second as i really took it to the blue belt who did finish second. at one point, and jordan i tried, lol, i hit him in the head so hard that i spun him around and knocked his head gear off. i got a wraning for excessive contact.

anyway, pics are kind of crappy, but i'll get them up and i should be getting a copy of the vid of the entire match. i can't wait to see that punch, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thanks. and the pictures are beyond crappy. a 7.1 mega pixel camera that can't take pics? wtf?? time for a different camera.

and today mini me is grappling. this is going to be good!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well, mini me just took a third in grappling, going to overtime and losing by decision in his match against the kid who took second. was a great match with many moments of both kids just about making the other tap or go out.

as a school, we ended up with 4 firsts, one second and 3 third place finishes. none of us placed outside of third in any event we participated in.

hopefully i'll get some vids up by wednesday night.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Sounds damn good man!!!!!!

Sometime either this week or next, I am gonna start LIGHLTY sparring with a friend who is well trained in mui tai (spell check??) Hopefully I can pick up some new moves.

well, mini me just took a third in grappling, going to overtime and losing by decision in his match against the kid who took second.

:slayer:

I bet he has his old man's grit and determination :D

well, mini me just took a third in grappling, going to overtime and losing by decision in his match against the kid who took second.

his class nicknames are Tenacious, given to him by his first twae kwon doe instructor who couldn't make him tap, and devil dog, given to him by our current sensai. care to guess why? lol. the kid he lost too even came up to us right after the match and made the comment, " i just couldn't make him tap and i've had other kids in those exact same holds and they tapped right away." i smiled.

i've got the video to his match, i'll try and get it uploaded and linked soon. tuesday, i hope to have a copy of my match where the headgear was a flyin!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

his class nicknames are Tenacious, given to him by his first twae kwon doe instructor who couldn't make him tap, and devil dog, given to him by our current sensai. care to guess why? lol. the kid he lost too even came up to us right after the match and made the comment, " i just couldn't make him tap and i've had other kids in those exact same holds and they tapped right away." i smiled.

i've got the video to his match, i'll try and get it uploaded and linked soon. tuesday, i hope to have a copy of my match where the headgear was a flyin!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

KUDOS MAN!!!!!

Glad to see ur son got ur gifts for fighting man!!!

Awesome Kent. I am also doing a lot of MMA fighting up here in Northern, IL and WI. Maybe we can meet up sometime and do some sparring. Congrats of the tourney. I got one next month in Chicago.

Awesome Kent. I am also doing a lot of MMA fighting up here in Northern, IL and WI. Maybe we can meet up sometime and do some sparring. Congrats of the tourney. I got one next month in Chicago.

cool, name a weekend! talk about a gettogether, lol. our schools grand master's are from mcleansboro, maybe we can get together there as GM sanders competes quite regularly in mma.

good luck at the tourny!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

That would be fun to meet up. Different weight class but it's all about technique and would be a good way to practice. How far is mcleansboro from me in Waukegan?

shit, i don't know. i did grapple a bit with sanders last night and he's a crafty lil bastage, lol. i didn't fall for it and ended up making him tap with a "kimora" style choke that he taught us last night, lol. it was fun and he is good!

1: Start out going SOUTH on N JACKSON ST toward OAKCREST ST. 0.8 mi Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto BELVIDERE ST/IL-120. Continue to follow IL-120 W. 2.5 mi Map Avoid

3: Merge onto US-41 S toward CHICAGO. 19.9 mi Map Avoid

4: US-41 S becomes I-94 E. 29.0 mi Map Avoid

5: Merge onto I-57 S via EXIT 63 toward MEMPHIS. 267.1 mi Map Avoid

6: Take I-64 E toward LOUISVILLE. 21.5 mi Map Avoid

7: Take the IL-242 exit, EXIT 100, toward WAYNE CITY/MC LEANSBORO. 0.4 mi Map Avoid

8: Turn RIGHT onto IL-242 S. 12.1 mi Map Avoid

9: Turn LEFT onto JERRY SLOAN AVE. 0.1 mi Map Avoid

10: End at Mcleansboro, IL Map

Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 1 minute Estimated Distance: 353.39 miles

and there you have it, lol. it's little more then an hour from me, so that wouldn't be fair, lol. when you have a free wweekend?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Dang, over 6 hours is crazy. Maybe we can do a little more than sparring. Maybe a little mini meet. I'll see if boom and Dub wanna ride their bikes down or maybe trailer them down there for a weekend.

Keep learning and kicking ass Kent!!!

J

Dang, over 6 hours is crazy. Maybe we can do a little more than sparring. Maybe a little mini meet. I'll see if boom and Dub wanna ride their bikes down or maybe trailer them down there for a weekend.

that would be cool. especially if the scoots were brought down, as IIRC sanders rides and i know my sensai does. a little mini meet would be the bomb.

j, oh i can't learn enough, lol. i so enjoy it it's unreal. i don't care if i win or lose, i just enjoy the compitetion and struggle of it. of course kicking ass is great, lol, but you don't always learn from it. as a corner judge told me after my loss, " sometimes it's better to lose in frustration then to win by destroying your opponet. you can't learn anything if the other person lays down". and he's right. i did learn a few things from it, and i'm already changing my style to suit tounament point fighting better. we'll see if it works, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I love when the blue and purple belts come in and challenge us white belts. That really battle us and they show us where we messed up after getting choked out or tapped out. Our group doesn't do point tournements, we mostly compete in MMA events around the country but it should be fun times. We'll have to do it before the weather changes.

They would definately bring their bikes out but we would trailer then down there.

Good luck with the training man.

we went to the grandmaster's dujo in mcleansboro last night. i grappled his two biggest mma students, lol. they are younger kids, 18/20, both 6ft around 250-260. i americana'd one in about 2.5 minutes and gullitined choked his big,larger brother in about 1.5. and sanders thought these guys would be a challange, lol. young and dumb. old man here taught them a lesson, lol.

it was fun though. i learned some more, even taught the brothers a few things after our matches. mini me grappled to a tie with a big old boy. it was a blast to watch.

i'm really enjoying this stuff! and i'm down about 17pds. started at 245, currently 228!!! cardio is getting better, as is flexibility, but there is much more to be gained.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i wanna start fighting here soon.............and once some bs is done I am gonna

i wanna start fighting here soon.............and once some bs is done I am gonna

You will have a blast and it will definately build up your cardio.

I have a fight on August 12th in Racine, WI. This one is suppose to be televised on The Wire.

Kent: Good to see your son involved in it too and doing well. My son doesn't like it, he loves TKD though.

You will have a blast and it will definately build up your cardio.

I have a fight on August 12th in Racine, WI. This one is suppose to be televised on The Wire.

Kent: Good to see your son involved in it too and doing well. My son doesn't like it, he loves TKD though.

good luck on the 12th. my first fight is supposed to be sometime in september, though i'm doubting that will happen. oh well.

while the weather is warm, we need to get a road trip together, somewhere.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I totally agree. It's a long trip but if we make a full day or weekend out of it, it would be worth it. I wonder if there are any other SSA members in the vacinity, we could make it some sorta meet.