Woodlawn Cabinetry

Silverado Biuld - Icon 12

I documented the complete build from start to finish for this enclosure since folks wanted to see it, all 65 pictures worth.

The only pic's I didn't take were of the enclosure with carpet, the camera batteries crapped out.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm184/m...verado%20build/

You'll have to view the album start from the last page backwards, it just happened to upload the pics in that order.

Very good work!!

I like this picture:

DSCF0090.jpg

Curious, but, ok.

I don't understand why the need to create or document a build other than the need to see the process so people don't think your building the enclosure with chewing gum and spit or to see that the joints of the enclosure don't look like a " hack job ".

Oh well, I guess it just makes for good representation of the work quality. :neil:

It seems people love pictures and videos even if either shows or tells nothing about the subject at hand. But pictures almost always spark interest.

should've ported it to the rear. seriously. while i'm sure it'll sound just fine as is, fired to the rear, or to the side, is by far the loudest way to go, at least to the ear. and i've only build about 2 dozen of these things for under the seat. including for an ICON.

and i've never had to raise the seat either. hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

should've ported it to the rear. seriously. while i'm sure it'll sound just fine as is, fired to the rear, or to the side, is by far the loudest way to go, at least to the ear. and i've only build about 2 dozen of these things for under the seat. including for an ICON.

OM, lets look at what ya just said.

Porting to the rear. That makes no sense to me what so ever because if the port were to the rear, it would be slammed right up against where the floor pan steps up to a ledge that behind the seat, basically killing output...... period.

Porting to the side. Yeah, ok, that would be the easiest way to do it, but, I don't like it because your basically firing the port into the door that a couple of inches away and trying to reflect it back to where.... the port and the side of the enclosure.

Raising or not raising the seat, that's a simple one...... I leave that up to the customer given how he wants it done, his choice, not mine.

:deadhorse:

I chose to raise my seat so i could have as much space between the floor and sub as possible. plus it seems to help elevate the passengers a lil which gives the feeling of more leg room in the back,since your legs are able to stretch out more.

Unfortunatly,i doubt you all are going to get any installed pix of it or the Icon because my wife filed for divorce today.....im probably going to sell everything asap and move. all i got is my truck and tools.

Damn bro, i was really hoping for an installed pic. Im wanting to get a ported box for dual 10 inch icons.

Porting to the rear. That makes no sense to me what so ever because if the port were to the rear, it would be slammed right up against where the floor pan steps up to a ledge that behind the seat, basically killing output...... period.

Porting to the side. Yeah, ok, that would be the easiest way to do it, but, I don't like it because your basically firing the port into the door that a couple of inches away and trying to reflect it back to where.... the port and the side of the enclosure.

Raising or not raising the seat, that's a simple one...... I leave that up to the customer given how he wants it done, his choice, not mine.

that's fine, i didn't mean to smash on ya. my post came across wrong..but let's look at this..

while your fabs skills are fine, not knocking those whatsoever, i've owned that very model truck this box was built for. and regardless of your arguements, i know what works. how? because as i mentioned, i've built well over a dozen boxes to go under the seat, everything from four 8s to a single 12. sealed and ported. front fired, down fired and up fired. loudest ever? down fired pair of 10s with 3" round ports fired to the rear. second loudest? single ICON 12 down fired with 4" round port fired into passanger side door. but yeah, i dunno what i'm talking about.

but don't listen to me, what do i know? right? my screen name isn't Mr. Cabinetry, so i gotta be wrong. maybe i just imagined all those builds.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i am getting ready to put a sub or subs in my silverado so i have a couple questions. whats the mounting depth of a 12" icon. and how much would it be to get the single 12 box with the side port?

that's fine, i didn't mean to smash on ya. my post came across wrong..but let's look at this..

while your fabs skills are fine, not knocking those whatsoever, i've owned that very model truck this box was built for. and regardless of your arguements, i know what works. how? because as i mentioned, i've built well over a dozen boxes to go under the seat, everything from four 8s to a single 12. sealed and ported. front fired, down fired and up fired. loudest ever? down fired pair of 10s with 3" round ports fired to the rear. second loudest? single ICON 12 down fired with 4" round port fired into passanger side door. but yeah, i dunno what i'm talking about.

but don't listen to me, what do i know? right? my screen name isn't Mr. Cabinetry, so i gotta be wrong. maybe i just imagined all those builds.

Are you looking for an argument or what??? Sorry, your not gettin one because you got the attitude of " I am the authority " because you built 12 boxes for this one specific vehicle.

Tell ya what, there's a member on here I built a similar enclosure for a Fi Q 12, here's the thread:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...;hl=excelerater

Why don't ya go over there and post telling him how ya feel, I'm sure he would like to hear your input and observations.

And one other thing, sometimes it's not about being how loud it sounds.

Edited by Mr Cabinetry

Are you looking for an argument or what??? Sorry, your not gettin one because you got the attitude of " I am the authority " because you built 12 boxes for this one specific vehicle.

Tell ya what, there's a member on here I built a similar enclosure for a Fi Q 12, here's the thread:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...;hl=excelerater

Why don't ya go over there and post telling him how ya feel, I'm sure he would like to hear your input and observations.

And one other thing, sometimes it's not about being how loud it sounds.

nope, not looking for an arguement. i made a suggestion in my first post, and admitted that the way i typed it, it came across harsh. you then took it upon yourself to tell me i was wrong about rear fire, "basiclly killing output....period". and then tell me that side fire was just too easy. i then responded. that's all. i respond bluntly.

and yes, i do consider myself a bit of an authority on this particular vehicle as i've built many boxes for it, not just for myself, but for others. i worked as a car audio installer, building boxes for this truck more times then i care to admit. and not only under the seat either, i've pulled my back seat out just as many times as i put a box under it. and like you, i have a box that belongs to another forum member right here at SSA, ask ILuvJDM if he enjoys his enclosure.

again, i'm not doubting your work, or the results. i tried to make a suggestion for the next one you do, that's all. and yeah, it's not always about loud, but the majority of the time it is. and i have yet to have one sound bad. ask ///M5 how my truck sounded. with 4 10s upfired and sealed.

yeah, i'm not the only with an attitude. i'll be sure not to make any suggestions to you in the future though, god forbid Mr. Cabinetry might not know it all.

and you really don't want to argue with me anyway.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

lol, no...we saved all the piss up for this pissing match.

mr.cabinetry, please don't take this personally. i enjoy a good arguement every now and then. we just kinda walked into this one, lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

so did nebody see my question ^^^up^^^ there?

Here are the dimensions for the Icon 12"

DIMS-SSAICON12.jpg

This is the enclosure for it:

The enclosure is 2.25 net , port tuned to 33hz.

If you wan the port side fire, simple enough to do, same port spec's and dims fired to the side.

ThruView1.jpg

As for the cost - $ 185.00 plus shipping, but, most likely someone will say now I did post the cost they can do it for cheaper.

lol, nope. that's a pretty good price, and right along about what i would charge. one can figure $225 or so shipped in the lower 48, depending upon carrier/insurance.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ok, my tym is short so i'll just give you my quick 1st impressions....... DAAAIIING!!

Now my prior setup was a RF P2 sealed so it's really no comparo i guess, but if you are looking for a nice ,tight,clean,accurate sounding sub that can still rattle your eyeballs ,,go for this setup. (IMO)

I put on sum T.I. cant remember the "song" but i used it because the RF just couldnt stay accurate with it.For sum reason it would always get sloppy. I tried a couple other subs and they did the same to different degrees. The Icon on the other and was accurate at a MUCH much higher output level... it just pounded harder and harder the more you cranked it. Sweet!

Now i have to upgrade my front stage to stay up wit hthis,,,so the cycle continues.

BTW: Enclosure quality was top notch, highly recommend.

i'll do pix and more input as i have tym.

:) :)

DIMS-SSAICON12.jpg

If you wan the port side fire, simple enough to do, same port spec's and dims fired to the side.

ThruView1.jpg

As for the cost - $ 185.00 plus shipping, but, most likely someone will say now I did post the cost they can do it for cheaper.

How much would an enclosure cost for dual 10 inch icons ported and covered in charcoal carpet.?

I,m going to thread-jack my own thread.

How do i stop the roof of my truck from rattling? This thing hits so hard the roof panels( i guess theres 2?) are slapping. I dont know for sure,but i hear waht sounds like 2 pieces of sheetmetal slapping together over my head.

DIMS-SSAICON12.jpg

ThruView1.jpg

How much would an enclosure cost for dual 10 inch icons ported and covered in charcoal carpet.?

How many watts per sub?

DIMS-SSAICON12.jpg

ThruView1.jpg

How many watts per sub?

Im goin to be putting about 1,000 rms watts per sub. Its goint o be goin into an 02 sierra extended cab with a 2 inch rear seat lift.

DIMS-SSAICON12.jpg

ThruView1.jpg

can u pm me with what type of payment u prefer, the total cost of box covered in tan carpet and shipping to 72473 zip code.