alrite i got everything hooked up at 5 this morning, i turn the key on, everything powers up, and there is a loud screeching popping sound coming from all my mids/highs, i unplugged the rca's from my mids/highs amp and no more screeching both the amps are ok now and i have bass.

so we thought i had a bad pair of rca's so i went to the store this morning and picked a new pair up just got back to the house and hooked it up and same chit... anybody experienced anything like this before im clueless.

hmmmm maybe you have the + and - mixed up on the speaker or the amp

That won't cause a problem like that. If you unplugged the RCA's and the noise went away, it's undoubtedly a head unit problem.

what headunit do you have?

i had a pioneer that did that to me... i sent it off... cost maybe 100 bucks to fix.

i messed it up tho... i left my volume on like 33.....22 was my peak. when i started up my car.... it was so loud.. and wonk wonk wonk... BUZZZZ POP WIIIIIAAA...

techs notes on my repair were to check my grounds

X2, before you tear into stuff (check HU ground).

Check that RCA to see if shield is grounded in HU, it should be.

Can try wiggle test on RCA plug on amp in case of bad solder/etc. Check any switches/controls on amp also.

X2, before you tear into stuff (check HU ground).

Check that RCA to see if shield is grounded in HU, it should be.

Can try wiggle test on RCA plug on amp in case of bad solder/etc. Check any switches/controls on amp also.

i knew my grounds were fine, but i did check them before i sent it in for repair...

i changed out my amp... same problem.. my rcas are a bitch to replace.. so i just changed out my deck.. and thats how i found out my fancy h/u was in need of a service i can not DYI

alrite, i found the problem with the screeching noise, one of my speakers connectors on the back was touching metal in the door panel somehow, but now i have another problem lol... im getting engine noise out of my sax 100.2, i have the rca's for both my 1500d and the 100.2 on the same side (opposite of power wire) and im only getting noise out of my components. and i have a pioneer headunit.

i changed out my amp... same problem.. my rcas are a bitch to replace.. so i just changed out my deck.. and thats how i found out my fancy h/u was in need of a service i can not DYI

I have a pile of stuff here too, often is easier to swap things out to find problem. Like guy says usually ground is issue for any noise problem (or shield ground) is what I should have said. An amp can short and blow the HU shield ground. I don't ever remember an RCA going bad on me unless it was actually cut or smashed, or the end was messed up. In my cars I put the power a few inches away from the RCA, have for long time I never get noise...yeah just lazy but I'd move it if I did get noise. Agreed, HU problems just suck.

O/P, cool you found that I've had some amps fry or protect when outputs shorted. If your amp and HU grounds are good, I think first thing I would do is add another ground to the case of the HU. Usually easy to do and has worked many times for me. Attach to case and to metal part of car close to HU, assuming your HU is not mounted in a metal dash. Some Pioneer have issues with noise I've read, hope not because I just got one.

I had a strange issue when I put my 5ch amp in. I still had another amp on highs and hooked up the sub side of the 5ch. It worked but I could hear the CD player changing tracks, like a thumping between tracks but not loud or anything. When I used all of the 5ch (high and low) it was gone. Both amps were on an external crossover when it did that, but the sub amp in there before the 5ch did not.

alrite I AM A check my grounds i think it may be the one off my amp im gonna do it better and if that dosent work i guess ill go buy a ground loop isolator and see if that changes anything.

A) it's not your amp ground

B) ground loop isolators probably won't fix the problem, and it's just a bandaid for the real problem.

ur right it wasnt the ground, what i did to fix it makes absolutely no sense at all but i wrapped some bare speaker wire around the 2 rca shields for my mids/highs on the back of the head unit and it killed all the noise...... not sure why but it did, so just a head unit issue i guess, pioneer sucks. but my system is sick, props to AA and sundown audio for makin great chit, i couldnt be happier with it.

You grounded the RCA's. Pioneer's have a typical ground trace that blows internally and causes the noise. Grounding the shielding on the RCA fixes this.

Makes me wonder if I should make a fused RCA for mine before I install it, I keep reading this same thing.

i would recommend it, the pioneer rca outs are chit.

take a wire, solder it to the outside ring of the rca, then secure it to an actual ground on the car.

For a temporary resolution to see if it will work, secure wire to car then hold other end to outside ring of rca.

If it cures it... then u know what to do.

I do say though that doing this is only meant to be temporary regardless of which method you choose to do.

could it be the hu ground thats not properly grounded? because its only bolted a little metal plate under the hu.

If it's a pioneer it's the internal "fuse" like everyone has stated... just gound your rca's and it'll go away... eventually buy a new deck and make sure it's not a pioneer.... It's VERY easy to cause the death of the pioneer RCA's... one oops and it's over.. I love them but I'll never own one again..