Sign in to follow this  
Derrick824

New sub line up

Well it seems that the upcoming amplifier line up is strong. So what's it look like for subwoofers. The E8s and NightShades look like they're doing well. I've seen the talk about "monster subs" but is there anything else in a lower power range (750watts or so)? Something in between the SD1s and NightShades that a pair of them could be powered well by a single 1500d (or the upcoming 2000d).

I have lots of plans.

Not going to say anything yet so I don't get flooded with "ETA?!?!" messages.

Jake had an X10 and X12 proto back around this time last year, but it wasn't up to where he wanted it to be so he had more made. I believe I even remember the acronym he was using for the new cooling he was designing, D.A.C.H.S. I think. Anyway, they look promising, but appear to be on the back burner due to a more pressing need for other products.

Yep... still toying around with where to take the X series, and what other series to make at what power levels, etc.

The system on the third X12 prototype was called DAHCS - but I have developed even better solutions since then. Perhaps I will combine the two into a driver later on :)

Suppose I can say what it stands for now - Dual Aluminum Heat-Sink Cooling System - there was a thick aluminum ring on the top plate and another on top of the pole to absorb a great deal of heat in areas where air moves across the aluminum quite readily.

Yep... still toying around with where to take the X series, and what other series to make at what power levels, etc.

The system on the third X12 prototype was called DAHCS - but I have developed even better solutions since then. Perhaps I will combine the two into a driver later on :)

Suppose I can say what it stands for now - Dual Aluminum Heat-Sink Cooling System - there was a thick aluminum ring on the top plate and another on top of the pole to absorb a great deal of heat in areas where air moves across the aluminum quite readily.

I would like to see the X series get made. Convince Nick to sell you the design for the Mag V3 and resurrect it, I would love to see that driver live on. ;)

Convince Nick to sell you the design for the Mag V3 and resurrect it, I would love to see that driver live on. ;)

Now that sounds cool as hell

:neil:

Hello Nick, lol. So, what does that smiley mean? Yes, no, maybe?

I would like to see the X series get made. Convince Nick to sell you the design for the Mag V3 and resurrect it, I would love to see that driver live on. ;)

you dont stop, do you?

at any rate.. i am excited to see what the future holds for you jacob:)

Edited by visitor

you dont stop, do you?

I think you'll be interested to see some of the things I'm working on :)

you dont stop, do you?

i am lol :drink40:

you dont stop, do you?

im very sure i will be:)

any sneak peeks? :P

Nah :)

I have the big motor I'm testing that I posted, that may or may not come into being - but I am testing some ideas for cooling in it.

Have a few other methods I'm testing too, but no sneak peaks! :)

:)

*teaser*

I am working on an 8" driver w/ 2.4" coil, cast basket, and special cooling.

If you liked the E8, wait until you see this one :)

if you need sum1 to test the spl sub im here :P lol j/p anyways, it looks like you have a lot of things to do, glad to see sundown growing

Sign in to follow this