Sign in to follow this  
98esten

Box for a reg cab s10

I have a 98 reg cab s10, i want to do either 2 10'' Fi SSD subs. I would like to know how many i could do and rather do it sealed or ported. Any help would be nice thinks

All depends on how much space you can get behind the seat, personally they wouldn't fit if I drove an S10. What box volume can you fit?

It isn't possible to do two ported. I have a reg cab ranger with similair space as you and two ported wasn't even an option. One 10 ported fits fairly easily and gets pretty loud though.

1.48cft, the box would be 13.5x52x7x3

I'd personally want a little more space than that, but polyfill could really help you out there.

I also hope that you are allowing cone excursion clearance and don't have that box butted right up onto the back of your seat.

no, there is enoght room were they wouldnt hit the seat, so do you think one ported or 2 sealed?

That depends on your goals and not my opinion, but I don't know your goals.

Going to depend on how you like your loud, peaky go ported, smooth response go sealed.

I have a Bl10 with p-chamfer on a JL 1000/1 in 1.1@33 with a 3'' aero and it gets pretty loud (nothing rediculous but pretty impressive for one 10). Just be careful where you put your port. Mine was upfiring and I was getting some port noise, which I couldn't stand. I just built a new enclosure this weekend for it and it is about the same size but the port is firing to the passenger side corner. The new port should be in tomorrow so I'll let you know how it sounds when I get it in.

I really like a gang of 4 8" subs for regular cab trucks. You basically have the cone area of a pair of 12s, with less box requirements, easy low tuning, small narrow baffle, low mounting depth and good thermal power handling when you divide between the 4 motors. I have done 2 S10s with 4x8 boxes, RE8s sealed and RE8s ported.... They sound awesome if you do it right.

Or one of my personal favorites is the Tangband NEO 8. A little over $60 each, handle a lot of power, get low and loud and are built very well. They have tiny neo motors on the back so box design is easy. they also have 12mm of one way linear throw... Toght to beat for the price, really... Here is a picture of them in a box I built for my dad last fall.

8s.jpg

8s3.jpg

8s2.jpg

what dimensions did you have behind your seat for when you did the Bl 10?

i would get a speaker grill for a reg cab. i tore the surround on my boston G1 in my truck. i had 1 10 sealed and it was a box 60 inches wide behind the seat

I really like a gang of 4 8" subs for regular cab trucks.

8s.jpg

8s3.jpg

8s2.jpg

That is awesome work :drink40:

what dimensions did you have behind your seat for when you did the Bl 10?

36'' wide - 12'' tall - 6'' top depth - 9'' bottom depth

100_1658.jpg100_1659.jpg

Sign in to follow this