BKOLFO4

(6) Mayhem 15's and (6) 40.1's

I think the bags are fine. The weight is centered pretty good, and the bags only need 20 psi to level it (they are rated for 100 psi). I also still get good suspension travel just pushing down on the bumper.

The output is crazy. I had someone complain a over a mile away, and I was in my shop with the van doors closed while it was playing.

I am working on the mids and tweeters in the doors right now. I will get more pics and videos up soon.

Seems like I always have a million things going on, so time is short and the van is low on the priority list again. The past two weeks have been too busy with my son playing football. . .

I clamped the power inputs to the 40.1's, and it looks like I am pulling just shy of 3000 amps when everything is running full tilt!

Brian

Holy crap ! Get a couple more alts :D

have you taken tha van accross a scale?

You can talk to whales!

Brian Owens, whale whisperer. :P

I have got to get back to work on this thing!! Stay too busy all the time, but finally caught back up.

I had no idea those amps pulled that kind of power! Are they fairly efficient?

And how about the mayhems, getting stinky at all seeing over 5kW a piece? (if i did my math right)

I have never smelled the subs in the van.

Not sure how efficient 40.1's are. I am running them at 0.5 ohms, so I am sure that does not help. I doubt I am getting 5k per sub.

I need to take a few pics and post an update. Been busy, so the van is last on the list, but the door panels are almost complete. Nothing special - just MDF for now, no fiberglass.

I worked on it a little this weekend. One of my neighbors stopped by to see it. She has fairly long blonde hair that made for a nice hair trick. Actually surprised me, both doors were open, and she stuck her head in during the intro to young jeezy soul survivor. First notes hit and her hair went crazy :D

...I Hate You.

When's The Marshall Show? Date? >_> I Want A Freaking...Super Demo, Put It On Here. Lmao.

If We Go, I'll Get My Dad To Sit In It. (If Sit-Ins Are Allowed) Suprise The chit Out Of Him.

Them Damn Mayhems Knock Like Crazy, Don't They?

Can't Wait Until You Throw SMD's In That Bitch.

Brian, I Need A Quote On A Havoc. I Live In Kilgore, Tx. So The Drive Ain't That Bad. 12" Model.

You Got My Business For Any AA Product. This Particular One Is Going In My Dad's Truck, He Wants One.

I'm Ready For That Van To F**k My Day Up.

WOW that was an insane video!!! haha

"The Whale Whisperer"

van sounded good today Brian...just gotta get that bottom left sub adjusted :)...definitely 100% better than at finals though!

moose

Looks like you're pumpin a ton of power to those. Looks sick!

Thanks man. . .I would love to hear your CRAZY van!!!

Van has been at the bottom of the list again the past few weeks, but time to get back on it. The door panels are almost done, and the alternator came back today!!!

van002-6.jpg

Wow! How I missed this build is beyond me. Great work!

So today was the day from . . .

I took the van to a friend's house who is making some changes to the pulley system on the front of the motor, because I cannot get the belt to stop slipping on the alt pulley.

Here is how things have gone, starting yesterday morning:

Neighbor calls and wants to borrow my trailer. I say yes, but I need it back Sunday morning. I let him know it has a slow leak and will need air in the driver's side rear tire. He brings it back this morning. I asked him if the tire was aired up, because I am going to load the van. . .He say "yes, checked it this morning and it is good". Now stupid me for assuming, but I think this means he checked the pressure with a gauge and it is good. Nope - that was a visual "I checked it". I loaded the van on the trailer and learned it only had 18 psi in that tire now that I can see it almost flat with the load on it. Tried to pull it up next to my shop to add air, but did not make it. Tire popped of the wheel. I am not happy now. Get the spare, put it on, check the pressure - all is good. Until I am out on the freeway 20 miles from home and start to hear a funny noise. Pull over to see what it is. Stupid me again, this time I pulled a real boner. Already running late trying in a hurry to change the tire, I did not tighten the lug nuts after I dropped the jack. This is no joke - 5 of the 6 nuts were gone, and I turned the last remaining nut less than 3 turns for it to come off in my hand!!!! Almost a total disaster!!! I took one nut off each of the other 3 wheels, managed to get them on the totally screwed up studs (the spare wheel is also ruined) and made my way SLOWLY the last 6 miles to my friends house.

What a day. On a good note, I hope by Tuesday my belt slippage is fixed!!!!

hey brian, sorry to hear about the problems....van doing better now?? doug fix you up right?