BKOLFO4

(6) Mayhem 15's and (6) 40.1's

Ran over 100 ft of 12 ga and 30 ft of 14 ga into the doors today. Man was that fun getting through the factory rubber boot between the door and body!

Mounted both Kicker amps.

Just need to get the mids actually screwed in and finish wiring the kicker amps to the batteries.

Videos to come. . .

Just finished soldering jumpers on all the mids.

2 mids on each channel of the 900.4's, so I ran 3x 12 ga from the amps to inside each door and then will split it into (2) 14 ga pieces from the 12 ga to each mid.

Tweeters are 8 ohms, so there will be (4) tweeters on each of the remaining two channels.

mids002.jpg

looks awesome man!! If you ever wanna get some new rims and tires on that thing let me know!! When if your next comp? And why are your subs gone?

looks awesome man!! If you ever wanna get some new rims and tires on that thing let me know!! When if your next comp? And why are your subs gone?

He is upgrading :fing34:

wow just found this, those doors look great. (not that any part of it does not)

turning back to the early pages where it shows the wall with no subs, what purpose do those pieces of mdf between the subs serve?

What purpose do those pieces of mdf between the subs serve?

Just braces in those areas. Even though it is 3" thick, there is not much MDF there. . .

Here is what I did to the alt belt to help control the slipping.

van002-7.jpg

Both doors are complete!! Wired and drivers screwed in.

van003-2.jpg

Kicker amps

van004-2.jpg

van005.jpg

Brian

very nice!!! i want to hear the carbon fibers!!! :) ...and i dont know what it is, but theres something i like about the look of the back with the kicker amps in there!! :) Great Job Brian!!

moose

So does your highs and mids keep up with you're bass or at full tilt or does the bass still drown it out? Also if you were to have a bunch of speakers pointing up right behind a seat in a suv and then the subs pointing up behind the speakers in a suv would that cause cancelation?

Not sure what they are going to do yet. Never powered them up. I am hoping it sounds pretty good. I doubt they keep up with the subs, but I have a level controller in the dash for the subs when I want to balance it.

It has been raining here so much that I have not had a chance to go finish up the kicker amp wiring. Everything is there, just needs to be connected.

Right now I just have a pair of Kicker DS600's in the dash on the radio power and you would not believe how loud they get. . .

Never know if speakers are going to add or cancel when they are in funny positions until you try them. In a big system, I would assume the bass is going to be cut from the full range speakers, so there should not be much of a cancelation issue between the full range and subs.

Brian

So I finally got an hour to work on the van tonight and was able to get the Kicker amps up and running.

The AA CF mids are sweeeeet. I have them running from 67 Hz (18 dB/oct HP) to 2264 Hz (12 dB/oct LP). The tweeters are running from 23XX Hz (36 dB/oct HP) and up. With the headunit settings all set to flat and absolutely no EQ, it sounds awesome. And man is it ear-piercing LOUD!!!

Left my camera at home, but I will get a video soon. I woudl like to take a video from about 100 yds away with the doors open so you can see just how loud it is!

Should have subs soon. . .no, not SMD subs - just something to hold me over until then :)

What could one say, but Awesome. Sound pretty tight in the video. :fing34:

maan im definantly going to make a trip to come and listen to the van, a bad ass build. two thumbs way up