Liveyman

You have my attention !

I posted this in the wrong forum earlier , so here goes again . I recently have started the search for a crazy spl set-up . Along the way I stumbled upon these subs called SoundSplinter . Always being one to give anything a look , I decided to investigate . I was plesantly suprised at what I found . What seems to be a quality sub at an even better price . So that is why I came here . I am thinking of going with either 2 or 4 15's . I will be powering them with a Directed 2400D . I am most interested in the RL-p 15's . Does anyone know if my 2400D would run 4 of these monsters . I am currently running two MTX 9500 15's in my Focus ZX3 . I am looking to use this as my daily driving set-up . Since this system is stupid loud as it is , I obviously need to go big if I am going to out do it . Any advice would be appreciated .

I am thinking of going with either 2 or 4 15's . I will be powering them with a Directed 2400D . I am most interested in the RL-p 15's . Does anyone know if my 2400D would run 4 of these monsters

That amplifier will work just fine with the RL-p15's.

If you use four drivers on that one amp, I'd recommend porting them with 3.1 cu ft of net volume/driver for maximum effect (since it seems you have your sights set for high output), though running all four sealed with the 2400 wrms will still make for a great setup. If you only use two of the 15" drivers, I would keep them sealed, though you could port them so long as you don't run the two ported RL-p's with the full 2400 wrms for hours on end, since that could put too much thermal stress on the voicecoil.

If you are a cautious and responsible listener however, you could get away with the two ported 15" RL-p's at 1200 wrms a piece with 2.5 cu ft of net volume/driver... just realize that fried voicecoils are not covered under the warranty. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am thinking of going with either 2 or 4 15's . I will be powering them with a Directed 2400D . I am most interested in the RL-p 15's . Does anyone know if my 2400D would run 4 of these monsters

That amplifier will work just fine with the RL-p15's.

If you use four drivers on that one amp, I'd recommend porting them with 3.1 cu ft of net volume/driver for maximum effect (since it seems you have your sights set for high output), though running all four sealed with the 2400 wrms will still make for a great setup. If you only use two of the 15" drivers, I would keep them sealed, though you could port them so long as you don't run the two ported RL-p's with the full 2400 wrms for hours on end, since that could put too much thermal stress on the voicecoil.

If you are a cautious and responsible listener however, you could get away with the two ported 15" RL-p's at 1200 wrms a piece with 2.5 cu ft of net volume/driver... just realize that fried voicecoils are not covered under the warranty. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You recommend 3.1 cu ft ported per sub . What would you tune the box to .

28 Hz.

You can find this information on the Product Page by clicking "Enclosure Recommendations"

I'll be heading northwards tomorrow for a couple weeks. Going to stop in Southern Oregon for Thanksgiving with my sisters, neices, and nephews, so I may not be around the boards as often until early December. However, if you need some questions answered you can always email me as I will be checking that on the road.

I have a few questions about this company, if you don't mind.

Who owned this company? How do you sell your drivers? What I mean by that is are they sold and manufactured on a pre order basis like the ED stuff was or are they made THEN sold? I'm liking what I see with these drivers A LOT. I like the TC parts too. I thought some of the companies they were building for had very nice subs and these look to be no excetion. If you don't want to answer here you can PM me.

Mike aka soundsplinter that posted above is the owner and a great guy. The subs are great quality subs. I belive they are manfactured by order but i could be wrong. Just keep talking to mike, he answers everything.

Hey ss454,

> Who owned this company?

I was originally contracted by TC Sounds to build a few websites for them which would aim to distribute a wide array of audio and theater-related equipment in addition to some select TC drivers. However, as of this past year the project was put on indefinite hiatus and I'm not sure if it will ever be picked up again.

SoundSplinter was one of the websites I had designed for them, and upon realizing that it would go unused, they offered to OEM for me and allow me to run SoundSplinter independently. Long story short, SoundSplinter as a functioning business entity entered the market over this past summer 2004 and is owned by yours truly. cool2.gif

> How do you sell your drivers?

Our drivers are sold direct through our website. Production and shipping is slowly developing as time goes on, so how it works today may not be how it works in two months wink2.gif. We do carry an inventory of our drivers, and we will not sell a driver that is not in stock.. if by some mishap we end up doing so, the customer will be appraised of the situation and offered a refund should they desire not to wait for production to complete on the out-of-stock item.

Hit me up in email if you have any other questions, as noted above, I'll be away from my desk for the next couple weeks but will still handle all inquiries received through our website or direct email. Thanks for your interest! =]

I have a few questions about this company, if you don't mind.

Who owned this company?  How do you sell your drivers?  What I mean by that is are they sold and manufactured on a pre order basis like the ED stuff was or are they made THEN sold?  I'm liking what I see with these drivers A LOT.  I like the TC parts too.  I thought some of the companies they were building for had very nice subs and these look to be no excetion.  If you don't want to answer here you can PM me.

since mike answered the majority of ur questions, i'll touch base on a simple part...the quality.

these are truely awesome drivers that get loud, get low and sound sweet doing it. i currently run a single 12 rl-p in my wife's car. it is by far the best mix of sq and spl that i have owned.

and what i think is the most important part, mike is a truely awesome guy to work with. all companies need to take notes on this man's customer courtesy. far and away the best u'll ever receive. period.

i'll do my best to answer any questions u might have here while mike is on his trip...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thanks guys. That was a fast reply. I'm looking forward to running a couple of the i series 10's in the near future. I know TC made my all time favorite driver (Crystal CMP 10) and when I get a couple of the drivers from you I may see if you can get my CMP 10 reconed for me with the same cone and surround as your drivers. How would you say 2 of the i series 10's would do with around 800wrms for the pair?

Thanks for the kind comments, Kent :wub:

> How would you say 2 of the i series 10's

> would do with around 800wrms for the pair?

A solid 800wrms delivered to two RL-i10's will work great for a sealed setup. If you decide to vent them @ 400wrms/driver, take caution with respect to how long you run them at max power... thermal failure is not covered under our warranty - but as long as you are a responsible listener, there shouldn't be any problem.

I'm 25 and just want some sweet sounding bass. The specs on these look like they will be very nice. They would be sealed. I like headroom.

I'm 25 and just want some sweet sounding bass.  The specs on these look like they will be very nice.  They would be sealed.  I like headroom.

i think u will be impressed running them like that!! u definitely won't be disappointed!! i still get amazed at how low these things get and how well they handle the transitions doing it!!

Thanks for the kind comments, Kent  :wub:

only love for u my man!

oh and as alway.........

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: