Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout92x

XXX vs Brahma

which do u think would be better SQ and SPL wise? both would be in 2 15's and have a Hifonics BX1800D amp on each. i just dont know if 2 15" RE XXX's would be better or if 2 15" Brahma's would be better...

isn't there duribility problems with the brahma's

haven't really heard many bad things about the XXX's at all

maybe on the first runs of the Brahma's----the new ones (Mark II) are very well built---

the differances in the 2 are simple---- Fs-----

The Brahma has a lower Fs so it will be leaning towards the SQ side---the RE being higher Fs will be more SPL based----both have XBL^2 motor tech---a flatter BL load for both is always a plus over alot of other sub-drivers.

It is really what you are looking for and what you plan on using them for----IE---enclosure size---power applied-----enclosure design.

maybe on the first runs of the Brahma's----the new ones (Mark II) are very well built---

The Brahma has a lower Fs so it will be leaning towards the SQ side---the RE being higher Fs will be more SPL based----both have XBL^2 motor tech---a flatter BL load for both is always a plus over alot of other sub-drivers.

It is really what you are looking for and what you plan on using them for----IE---enclosure size---power applied-----enclosure design.

dave ill talk to u more about it on aim (ufvj217) but im gonna buy 2 Hifonics BX1800D amps, one for each sub. i can use as much or little as i need in the whole cargo of my explorer. but since im deff gonna buy those 2 1800 w amps, should i put them on the 2 XXX's or the 2 brahmas? if there both gonna have the same power, i would imagine that theyll be the same SPL wise?(probably wrong lol) or would 1800 on each XXX be louder than 1800 on each brahma?

dave ill talk to u more about it on aim (ufvj217) but im gonna buy 2 Hifonics BX1800D amps, one for each sub. i can use as much or little as i need in the whole cargo of my explorer. but since im deff gonna buy those 2 1800 w amps, should i put them on the 2 XXX's or the 2 brahmas? if there both gonna have the same power, i would imagine that theyll be the same SPL wise?(prally wrong lol) or would 1800 on each XXX be louder than 1800 on each brahma?

Now I'm basing this on Dave's words from above so I may be wrong....

With the Brahma having the lower Fs it won't be quite as loud or wang as much as the XXX will. Granted this could be proven opposite with different enclosures, but all things being equal, by all theory the XXX will be louder and just wang alot more.

J

Thanks for the info Dave! :)

XXX's are cheaper I think, whats the power rating for those Brahma's? 1800watts might better suite the XXX's anyway.

XXX's retail price is higher but from what i hear, their direct price is cheaper than the brahma. They are rated at 1600 watts RMS but it is box dependent.

I'd still get a Brahma over the XXX :P

XXX's retail price is higher but from what i hear, their direct price is cheaper than the brahma. They are rated at 1600 watts RMS but it is box dependent.

I'd still get a Brahma over the XXX :P

thats cause you already had one :P