gfsolv

build for a CR-V

hey im brand new to building and i just had a few questions. i've been trying to read up and take in all the material i can get my hands into online.

i have a 2000 honda cr-v ex and im looking at getting either the BL15 or the BL12. i wanted to see what everyone thought would be better for an suv. i would be putting it in a ported rectangle box. and it also seems i would want to get the dual 1ohm but what else would i get that is optional?

sorry for being such a newb haha. any help is appreciated. i just wanna have all my info done before i buy and ship it ot my house back in the states so i can come back from iraq and install

thanks!

Why do you want to get the DVC1 ohm woofer? Have you bought an amp to match it to yet?

As far as 12" or 15" goes.. it really comes down to how much space do you want to give up.

i'm willing to give up most of the cargo space for this.

and no i haven't boughten an amp yet i wasnt sure on what kind or how big of one i should get.

say if i was to go with the 15, what would anyone recommend for an amp? price range would be anything up to around 400-500$.

and i was looking at the 1ohm because im under the impression the lower the ohms, the louder it is...?

any suggestions?

Ohm load is just so you can match to your amplifiers. Since most good amps are one ohm stable, you'll want a Dual 2 ohm BL. Then you'll wire like this:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

If you could, go and get your maximum dimension to put a box in. And we'll see how much space you truly have. Then we can see if you can fit a 15" in a nice ported enclosure.

Hello :eek5wavey: , I recommend the Crunch GP3000D-PRO amp, its 3000 watts rms and can be found online for $450.00 , for the price its a good deal. I have two of these amps and had no problems yet, besides getting alittle hot. Make sure you upgrade your electrical system, add a second battery. If you are ordering one subwoofer it should be a 2 ohm DVC, that way you can wire the sub at 1 ohm to the amp and get maximum power. IF you get a dual 1 ohm sub you should look for a amp that puts out max power at 2 ohm or 1/2 ohm....... Brian

Hello :eek5wavey: , I recommend the Crunch GP3000D-PRO amp, its 3000 watts rms and can be found online for $450.00 , for the price its a good deal. I have two of these amps and had no problems yet, besides getting alittle hot. Make sure you upgrade your electrical system, add a second battery. If you are ordering one subwoofer it should be a 2 ohm DVC, that way you can wire the sub at 1 ohm to the amp and get maximum power. IF you get a dual 1 ohm sub you should look for a amp that puts out max power at 2 ohm or 1/2 ohm....... Brian

looks like a good amp for me. especially if later i want to build a new box and put in another sub.

as for the electrical upgrade and second battery, what do you mean electrical upgrade? i know what you mean by second battery but any ideas for how big/which one i would need? also how to install and hook it up?

and johnecon2001, thank you for that diagram and help. definatly helped me out and im sure the diagram will when i build. also, from motortrend.com it says a 2000 crv ex has 838 liters with all the seats in place.

also, would i want to check any of these when i do decide to order my BL: p chamfer, flatwind, cooling, daily or spl, extreme lead, universal? i'm going to be listening to an even amount of rap and metal and i don't really know what any of those options mean lol.

appreciate all the help :)

Edited by gfsolv

anyone have any ideas? i have 838 liters to work with, that would be taking up the entire cargo area. im not looking to take up all of that room but if push comes to shove...

also, anyone have any answers for any of my questions above? i told you, im new to this so i wanted to come consult the guys who have been doing this their whole life and try to take some knowledge from everyone.

thanks

i wish i could but im overseas right now. bought my car over here and its at my house. won't be home for 3 more months and all i can find online about the cargo dimensions is this:

Cargo capacity: rear seat down (liters): 1,903 and all seats in place (liters): 838