Sign in to follow this  
tnynyn

100.4 - Different Freq?

When the 10x switch is on, does this apply to both HPF and LPF? or just the one that the switch is "lined" to?

Also, something I've been thinking about lately,

When bridged to two channel, if RCAs are plugged into ONLY channel 3 and 4, should I be hearing from the speakers that is bridged on channel 1 and 2?

It applies only to the filter it is next to.

What do you mean with the second question ?

It applies only to the filter it is next to.

What do you mean with the second question ?

For the second question,

I have the 100.4 bridged to 2 channel. Left speaker is on channel 1+2, right speaker on channel 3+4. if, for example, i plug the rear output rca from hu into channel 3+4, should both left and right speakers be playing?

it seems that I have the older version, so the LP crossovers on channel 3+4 is better than on ch 1+2. I would like to use ch3+4 lp on both speaker, but cannot wire both speakers to just channel 3+4 due to resistance change.

You need to have signal into all four RCA cables if you are using all four channels - which it sounds like you are.

All versions have differences in crossovers on Channels 1+2 vs. Channels 3+4 -- one set has x10 on HPF and one set has x10 on LPF for active component system setups.

The amp is dedicated for my mids only (2 speakers). Im bridging it to two channels.. Left side on channel 1+2 and right side on 3+4. The LPF on channel 1+2 isnt the same as channel 3+4 which really messes up my mids. The right side has more 'sound' then the left side when both are set to LPF...which is why i was wondering if there was a way I can use the LPF on ch 3+4 for both speakers without hooking both speaker wires to channel 3+4 terminals (which changes the resistance).

Edited by tnynyn

Unless your LP is within the 50 - 500 Hz range you won't be able to match it bridged like you have it. The crossovers were designed with an active setup using all four channels stereo in mind - for a setup like yours an external crossover would be necessary.

Sign in to follow this