GrandCherokee

I want a SUNDOWN1500

Well, I want a brand new car for $1000, it doesn't always work that way. If you really want a particular thing you have to pay what people want.

saz 1500d for close to 400 that is a STEAL sir.

Go with the old heat sink for $360.

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store/index.php?productID=143

I bought a refurb from dB-r ealier this year and it was in mint condition. Nobody would of ever guessed that it was even used at all. Also don't forget about the warranty. Every other refurbished product I've seen only comes with a 30day warranty. db-r has a 1-year warranty which says a lot about the confidence in their craftsmanship.

talk to shizzzon about the aq2200.

Only thing he knows about them, is how to make them go *poof*. He's blown two of them.

Sundown for sure. The refurbs are just as good.

talk to shizzzon about the aq2200.

Only thing he knows about them, is how to make them go *poof*. He's blown two of them.

only one has gone poof. the other one is perfectly fine.

but like everyone said, the refurbished ones are a great deal.

Edited by phi

The AQ amps are decent quality I am sure, but there is a reason the Sundown amps cost more, they are higher quality, use higher quality parts and are probably stable at much lower loads.

rather just go with the NEW AQ2200...$389

cuz $375-refurbed

$450 NEW...hhmmmm actually im not sure

Well, you do that sir. Sometimes you get what you pay for!!! Sundown products are built exceptionally well. And not only that, the owner is a top notch guy that will follow through on the warranty.

the *best* part of this thread is that the owner didn't even have to chime in.

Sundown has such a huge backing of people who have faith in the product and service that it stands on it's own 2 feet without any help.

Do what you will, but I bet you will think "what if I would have got the sundown.." someday.

:)

saz 1500 FTW and sundowns CS FTX times eleventybajillion

Not bashing the AQ amps, but I think Sundown is better. IMO.

Thats exactly my thought. I have heard good things about the AQ amps but there has to be a reason they are cheaper, they just aren't built to the tank like standards that the SAZ line is.

maybe you guys can help with my Dilemma:

FiQ 18" Dual 2 with Sundown1500 at 1 ohm

FiQ 18" Dual 1 with AQ2200 at 2 ohm

please explain and THANKS :)

Edited by GrandCherokee

Thats exactly my thought. I have heard good things about the AQ amps but there has to be a reason they are cheaper, they just aren't built to the tank like standards that the SAZ line is.

To go with your post, I did some digging around and asked a few people. What they found was this:

AQ 2200D:

2200D.jpg

HiFonics BXi2607D:

14x2kbr.jpg

Now, these pictures are not close up enough to get exact part numbers of the internal components of these two amplifiers, but take a look at the two pictures and tell me what you see.

To go with your post, I did some digging around and asked a few people. What they found was this:

AQ 2200D:

2200D.jpg

HiFonics BXi2607D:

14x2kbr.jpg

Now, these pictures are not close up enough to get exact part numbers of the internal components of these two amplifiers, but take a look at the two pictures and tell me what you see.

LOL THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY!

those two look the same to me.

Our Sundown Audio Refurbs kick ass, just see what everyone says. Some speak from experience because they actually own one of my (dB-r) refurbs.

Thanks guys for all the support.

Chris

dB-r Electronics

Well, the AQ and the Hifonics are the same board. I bet the AQ does use better components than the Hifonics though.

Well, the AQ and the Hifonics are the same board. I bet the AQ does use better components than the Hifonics though.

That was brought up on Termpro, and HiFonics is adamant that their board is higher quality:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...c;f=20;t=013961

I'm not sure which story is true, just reporting what HiFonics has to say about it. I have not personally tested either so I can't take sides.

those two look the same to me.

Our Sundown Audio Refurbs kick ass, just see what everyone says. Some speak from experience because they actually own one of my (dB-r) refurbs.

Thanks guys for all the support.

Chris

dB-r Electronics

i have one of yalls 100.4

works great

just had a lil problem with one of the capacitors

but with great customer service, the problem was solved! :woot:

kudos to db-r

I wouldn't buy either the Hifonics or the AQ and really don't understand at all why anyone thinks differently.