sundownz

Prototype Big Boy SPL Motor

That motor is HUGE!! Also, it can be hard to find quality in China, but it can be done as Jake has and also Nick is having the new Mag v4 and BM v2 built in China and they look to be of great quality.

i take it that a 8 or 10 in is outa the kwestion

i take it that a 8 or 10 in is outa the kwestion

8s and 10s will not be made as the sub could not be mounted normally.

if it is a custom could someone order 10's dc sounds has a sub like that a pair of them would look sick mounted inverted the only problem is making the basket capable of serious excursion like 3-4in mech maybe a 15in basket bent in to hold a 10 in cone strickly inverted mounting

if it is a custom could someone order 10's dc sounds has a sub like that a pair of them would look sick mounted inverted the only problem is making the basket capable of serious excursion like 3-4in mech maybe a 15in basket bent in to hold a 10 in cone strickly inverted mounting

I suppose if someone REALLY wanted a 10" I could build it... but I don't see why *laughs*

I suppose if someone REALLY wanted a 10" I could build it... but I don't see why *laughs*

two 10's have more cone area than a 12 but are normally classed togeather in comps based on cone area. plus you can give two subs more power than 1 equaling higher numbers

two 10's have more cone area than a 12 but are normally classed togeather in comps based on cone area. plus you can give two subs more power than 1 equaling higher numbers

The amount of BL for the moving mass and cone area is just going to be excessing with these motors on 10s, no need. If you want beefy 10s that you can actually mount I'd suggest custom Nightshade 10s when they are available.

The amount of BL for the moving mass and cone area is just going to be excessing with these motors on 10s, no need. If you want beefy 10s that you can actually mount I'd suggest custom Nightshade 10s when they are available.

That's what I was thinking also.

Also, you getting any other toys from the buildhouse? ;)

split baffle, or assemble sub on baffle.

SPL-X_1_web.jpg

10" diameter slugs, triple stacked.

The pole flare is a bit shallower and narrower than I wanted... but we'll see how it does with testing. I have the coils, spiders, cones, etc waiting for it here!

Picture is from the factory, it's on the way to me soon :)

Not showing the other side of the motor yet, sorry guys!

And before anyone asks... no ETA on production, I still haven't tested this prototype yet!

That motherf'r definitely will not fit in a crx!!! :huh::o That will be a badass extreme sub!!!!

*laughs*

Indeed, Ray, it's not going to be CRX friendly :)

I expect that not many people will buy them smaller than 15s.

*laughs*

I will buy an 8" ;)

All kidding aside, do you have a weight on the motor? I mean, it is obviously huge, my guess is over 100lbs.

*laughs*

I will buy an 8" ;)

All kidding aside, do you have a weight on the motor? I mean, it is obviously huge, my guess is over 100lbs.

My software predicts 91.4 pounds without a basket - we'll see how close it is when I get it :)

*laughs*

I will buy an 8" ;)

My software predicts 91.4 pounds without a basket - we'll see how close it is when I get it :)

So close, lol. 91.4 is still absolutely beastly, lol.

Jacob, I need 8-15's for the beast next year or can I get them be for FINIALS this year !!! I need dual 1's for the 6-3000's or the 4000's can't wait to test.

Robert Wyatt

Team Twisted Mayhem

Team Sundown Audio

Team T3 Audio

Team Massive Audio

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid {World Champ}

Sorry Robert - no way I'll have them this year :)

We can talk about next year once I have all my testing done and all the final parts sourced and fully tested.

wow this thing is huge

whats the price tag on one of these? 92 lbs i feel bad for the dilvery dude

Why do I feel like the smelly cousin that you don't invite to the family get togethers? You gotta keep me in the loop Jacob!

daaaamn shipping will be killer for me lol

This shipping weight is listed as 92.57 pounds... so my software is probably pretty darn close.

Now... to find someone who can magnetize it for me in the states.