sundownz

Prototype Big Boy SPL Motor

Price is not set at this time.

How about a round about then?

More than the Nightshades and less than a DD 99Z :)

It'll be lighter production too... I'll get the back and top plates beveled to remove the parts that aren't magnetically active anyway.

This shipping weight is listed as 92.57 pounds... so my software is probably pretty darn close.

Now... to find someone who can magnetize it for me in the states.

Go ahead and break down and build you one.

You know you wanna.

well i kno wha ill be upgradin 2 hehe. what u think kinda power it will take 2 get these beast goin?

Again... they will all be custom. If you don't get a concrete hard spider you could still do very well on 1500-watts - say, if you used the same spider pack as the stock Nightshade. With harder spiders you can use and will need more power for better results.

Found someone to magnetize the prototype for me :)

So maybe I'll be putting this together in a week or two when I get it back.

It won't work without being magnetized... there is no magnetism to move the coil!

Found someone to magnetize the prototype for me :)

So maybe I'll be putting this together in a week or two when I get it back.

So maybe? That sounds kinda iffy!

did i miss rms and peak rating?

I also want to make it known again that this is the first prototype of the driver that will be "one level" above the Nightshade - plenty of testing is needed and it may or may not fit the bill for what I want it to do.

I do plan to keep everyone posted on the progress, though :)

I am optimistic about it - we'll see!

I also want to make it known again that this is the first prototype of the driver that will be "one level" above the Nightshade - plenty of testing is needed and it may or may not fit the bill for what I want it to do.

when the final product hits the streets I bet it dosent look anything like that proto knowing you

That motor looks alot like the Cactus MKII Motors, If its similiar get ready for a high RMS Sub. fing05.gif

Very nice!

That motor looks alot like the Cactus MKII Motors, If its similiar get ready for a high RMS Sub. fing05.gif

Very nice!

I've never seen a Cactus MKII motor so any resemblance is coincidental.

when the final product hits the streets I bet it dosent look anything like that proto knowing you

Yah, you are probably right :)

That poor basket. Can anyone say motor-brace?

I see some shipping insurance claims in the future.

*laughs*

Yes, if the motor is made @ this size I will call for motor bracing in the instructions.

Have also worked out some pretty solid shipping methods for future runs of woofers with a little expert advice. Should be able to get them to customers intact.

*laughs*

Yes, if the motor is made @ this size I will call for motor bracing in the instructions.

Have also worked out some pretty solid shipping methods for future runs of woofers with a little expert advice. Should be able to get them to customers intact.

perhaps wrap the woofer in a trash bag then use some spray foam in the box around it

that motor reminds me mostly of the treo csx. but i know its not. but the square top and bottom plates make it look like one.