sundownz

Prototype Big Boy SPL Motor

Squeezed in a little time this evening to get it mostly built up - provided I didn't mess anything up I can at least break it in and measure specs w/ 5 spiders tomorrow. I went ahead and built the hardest spider pack I plan to make for abuse testing (3 hard and 2 medium - this is harder than 4 hard w/ my spiders). I'll test softer spider packs later.

CIMG0953.JPG

* My pretty triple joint and re-enforced epoxy spider landing (filled in the lip with epoxy)

CIMG0954.JPG

* The top - I wish I remembered to take a picture of the top triple joint, it is sexy

Jacob,

What woofer is in your avatar, Is there a number to reach you at, Or you can call me. 913-927-3766

The one in my avatar is a 1st generation SI Mag from around 2002 or so.

I'm @ home now, but if you e-mail me I can give you a number to reach me at tomorrow.

Forgot to add... I just finished building an MT this morning with the five spider pack... 1500D @ 1/2 ohm free air playing LOW Bass Mekanik tracks got it moving, maybe, 15mm one way. I actually pushed the amp into audible distortion to make it move that far... so, before anyone asks, NO I do not suggest the 5 spider pack for anyone daily.

I need to find someone with 20kw+ to test this on burps to see how well I glued it together :)

Of course, I'm most excited about testing it day to day with a 3000D on it to see how my cooling method works out.

when can i order the first one?

friend of mine has one of the loudest db drag cars in germany

4 hifonics maxximus

that would be nice seeing it take that kinda power xD

I have no ETA - I have alot of testing to do.

I fired it up this morning a little bit - but I think I want to give the glue more time to fully cure before really loading it down.

Forgot to add... I just finished building an MT this morning with the five spider pack... 1500D @ 1/2 ohm free air playing LOW Bass Mekanik tracks got it moving, maybe, 15mm one way. I actually pushed the amp into audible distortion to make it move that far... so, before anyone asks, NO I do not suggest the 5 spider pack for anyone daily.

I need to find someone with 20kw+ to test this on burps to see how well I glued it together :)

Of course, I'm most excited about testing it day to day with a 3000D on it to see how my cooling method works out.

If its dual 2ohm I could help you with that.

If its dual 2ohm I could help you with that.

The proto coils are D1 at this time - I'm thinking someone with 16 volts and four 3000Ds could test it nicely :)

Sorry not closer. That is what I'm using.

The proto coils are D1 at this time - I'm thinking someone with 16 volts and four 3000Ds could test it nicely :)

...dont u have enough Amps yourself... :lol2:

I'm actually out of 3000s and sold my only vehicle with sufficient electrical to run big power.

I may take it down to South Carolina to visit Sean, we can test up to ~10kw there with his 1500s on 18 volts.

Jacob,

I run 32 batt's at 20.9 volt's is that enough and I have 3 3000.1's I'll buy one more to make it 4 If I get the sub frist!!!!

Robert Wyatt

Team Twisted Mayhem

Team Sundown Audio

Team T3 Audio

Team Massive Audio

Proud Dad Of A MECA Kid

Jacob,

I run 32 batt's at 20.9 volt's is that enough and I have 3 3000.1's I'll buy one more to make it 4 If I get the sub frist!!!!

Robert Wyatt

Team Twisted Mayhem

Team Sundown Audio

Team T3 Audio

Team Massive Audio

Proud Dad Of A MECA Kid

hey look me up in Nashville, I have got to see your ride.

I'm actually out of 3000s and sold my only vehicle with sufficient electrical to run big power.

I may take it down to South Carolina to visit Sean, we can test up to ~10kw there with his 1500s on 18 volts.

hmmm 1500d's on 18v....wat kind of numbers does that put out at 1 ohm...

hey jacob we gotta have a pow wow...i was told by a good friend of ours that ur serious seriously knowledgable and i would love to talk technical mumbo jumbo with ya...

oh not to mention i have some folks that r very interested in ur product, and they knew ur stuff is the truth based on what my car does with only 1 sae-100d

Edited by 80INCHES

Sean's truck is what we used for the 1500D high voltage sticky - he has alot of power :)

poor poor s-10

KMANIAN,

I live in Hendersonville about 22miles north on I-65. I'll be at the BEST-BUY (GEEK SQUAD SOUNDFEST) 8-31-08 Triple point event. At the Madison Store in Rivergate Mall area. We are working on the truck so it may be ready. Have to recone some of the 10's. We are thinking of changing out to 12--12's Nightshade or just go with 24--10's TSS modle's from T3 Audio.

Robert Wyatt

Team Twisted Mayhem

Team Sundown Audio

Team T3 Audio

Team Massive Audio

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid

Edited by twistedcopperhead

Hey Jacob, when you are done with this prototype and want to sell it let me know, I could use another really good stiff sub for load testing here. That is if you don't blow it to pieces with 20,000 watts. But even if you do, give me a price on it reconed with a good stiff suspension like my Konaki you built for me and I will see if I can pick it up. Looks like a real beast that I would never blow up doing load tests here at the shop.

If you ever tear that one up I can re-build it with the 5 spider pack and longer coil ;)