Sign in to follow this  
j_black10

Check Out What UPS Delivered Today!!!

Next is to change out the kinetiks with a Powermaster D1200 that I just ordered from Mechman.com!!! Called them up and got a nice discount by mentioning SMD!!!! Also clean up the wiring!

IMG_0334.jpg

Also going to replace all the output RCAs out of the 6XS with some nice stingers just like I did the inputs! Time to hit up Darvex.com!!

IMG_0335.jpg

Nice bro.

Looks loud.

I love those amps and subs. Great choices!

Keep postin pics

I've done a couple of things to the truck! Changed batteries, from 2 kinetik HC600 to 1 Power Master D1200

IMG_0350.jpg

Changed all my RCAs to Stinger RCAs

IMG00074.jpg

Also kinda sealed off the rear off my truck! Closed the gaps between the box and windows.

Before paint

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Sick! How much power can the Havocs actually handle?

A bijillion watts.

Depends on enclosure, settings, and stuff.

I give mine around 1500 and it took it quite nicely. Until it mysteriously stopped working O_o

Nice build, your truck is one of the sweetest I've seen. Those subs rock! :slayer:

Sick! How much power can the Havocs actually handle?

A bijillion watts.

Depends on enclosure, settings, and stuff.

I give mine around 1500 and it took it quite nicely. Until it mysteriously stopped working O_o

Thats really wierd mine just mysteriously stopped working too.... i had 1500 on my havoc 15 as well, was ridin down the street listening to some three 6 mafia, then all of a sudden no bass. oh well im going to be running 6 10" assasins very soon.

Yeah... Coil looked fine, tinsels were fine, nothing separated, coils read good on DMM... and after it stopped working, I took it out of the box and free aired it, and IT PLAYED. Then I let it sit still overnight and tried to play it again the next day and it wasn't working again. I'm still working on finding out what happened to it.......

Yeah... Coil looked fine, tinsels were fine, nothing separated, coils read good on DMM... and after it stopped working, I took it out of the box and free aired it, and IT PLAYED. Then I let it sit still overnight and tried to play it again the next day and it wasn't working again. I'm still working on finding out what happened to it.......

wow ya same here coils and everything looked good, i tried poppin it with a battery and nothin happened so its the sub for sure but not exactly what.my buddy talked to mr. fleming about it and he said it was prob the tinsels but they look good from here so idk. gonna start workin on my new box soon neways prob not gonna worry about the havoc too much lemme kno if u find anything out tho.

I asked:

If you ever had time, I was wondering if you could find out what happened to my AA Havoc 15.

I sent it in a got it fixed a while ago, and I have it fine, but Scott and I could never figure out why it "broke."

I was wondering if you could ask the tech or anything just what specifically happened to it...

I mean the coil looked fine, tinsels were fine, nothing separated, coils read good on DMM... and after it stopped working, I took it out of the box and free aired it, and IT PLAYED. Then I let it sit still overnight and tried to play it again the next day and it wasn't working again. It is fixed and at my house now so it's all good, just don't want to repeat past mistakes.

I just wanna know did I fry the coil, separate coil from former, open the coil, or what?

SS Filter: 24 oct/Db @ 28 htz. Box was 3.6 @ 33 htz or so.

I'm running it off a RF T10001bd. The filter has always been on and I never ran it free air above very low volume.

There was one time I let it go far, and the SSF may or may have not been on, I can't remember, but it was months before it failed. It failed on the song "I Look Good" by "The Pack" (that has mostly 40's and above bass). That is really odd. It had the non-embedded leads as well. Older version. Well thank you for looking that up and the fast response man. That is really really weird. I'll make sure the SSF is on and always on though. Thanks!

Searched through the Tech logs and what not and found these notes. There

were some marks on the back of the spiders where it hit the top plate.

Looks like that it sheered off the connections to the leads within the

spider pack. More less just an over excursion situation. You might want

to look at your subsonic filter and adjust it up a little bit. This is

the first and only Havoc failure we've had actually.

So there you go. Very odd. Never noticed it bottoming out or anything. Oh well. I know to watch out for that from now on.

BTW-what are the specs of the new box you building? Is it for your 15?

Edited by nick_19

hm wow i wonder if thats whats wrong with mine, but no im building a sealed box for 6 10" AA assasins i loved the havoc but i want to change it up a bit and see what kind of results i get, im still going to use my sundown 1500 to power them because it has done very well for me so far. These are going in the back of a civic so its going to be a squeeze but everything seems to check out so far. Just have to get a hold of shawn and get the subs, i think thats going to be the hardest part lol.

no plans for it yet its just takin up space in my room right now cuz its not exactly working. but I AM A have to get it checked out i guess and if its just sumthin small ill sell it.

those are really good lookin subs, and a very nice box also :)

nice, I use to have a 2dr Explorer. Still got it just dont drive it anymore. I had 2L7s in it but it didnt sound like that. Uve got some bass on ur hands bro :bigclap:

nice, I use to have a 2dr Explorer. Still got it just dont drive it anymore. I had 2L7s in it but it didnt sound like that. Uve got some bass on ur hands bro :bigclap:

Thanks man!! I had 2 L5 15s in mine in a sealed box and the hit pretty hard, but nothing like these 18s!!!

Sign in to follow this