Sign in to follow this  
gfsolv

what kind of bat?

hey everyone. im planning on buying one 12" BTL within the next 2 weeks along with a Crunch GP3000D-PRO and running it at 1ohm load. going to be putting them in my 2000 honda crv ex when i get back to the states from iraq here.

i was wondering if there is going to be any need for me to upgrade my electrical system/add a battery or any other electrical things i will need to do? if yes, can you please list them for me because i simply have no idea.

i do not know how much the alternator is putting out now either. i have tried researching and cannot find the stock one anywhere.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Yea i change the battery out would be the 1st thing get a powermaster battery i do think that the alternator would be fine..Just chang e the battery

That thing probably doesn't have more than an 90 amp alternator. I'd change that before the battery. That will have a bigger influence on your overall system voltage during bass hits than a battery.

That thing probably doesn't have more than an 90 amp alternator. I'd change that before the battery. That will have a bigger influence on your overall system voltage during bass hits than a battery.

i was doing a little shopping today online just looking for stock alternator replacements and the alts for the crv were anywhere from about 90-95... they were pretty pricey too so do you think i could get away with just replacing the battery? or even adding another battery and putting it under a seat or in the cargo space?

EDIT: or say i was to get a Kicker ZX1500.1? how would that affect my need of getting an alt/battery?

Edited by gfsolv

Eh, you could leave your alt stock. That might put quite a bit of stress on it. If you want to drop the money on the BTL, might as well save up a bit and upgrade your electrical too.

Eh, you could leave your alt stock. That might put quite a bit of stress on it. If you want to drop the money on the BTL, might as well save up a bit and upgrade your electrical too.

say i was to go to just the 12" BL. and not get as big of an amp. just enough to push it. i don't really know of any good amps for 1000RMS...?

i say sundown 1000d is perfect

I am running 2 Sundown 1500ds off a hc1400 under the hood and hc2400 in the rear. Stock 105 amp. volts drop to 11.8 idling and while driving they drop to 12.3

I am running 2 Sundown 1500ds off a hc1400 under the hood and hc2400 in the rear. Stock 105 amp. volts drop to 11.8 idling and while driving they drop to 12.3

so do you think i need to change my alternator out? add a battery?