Sign in to follow this  
mnapoleon

JL prowedge 12w7 vs fi bl 12"

Hi im new to this board and in that case new to subwoofers in general. My question i cant decide on which subwoofer to get. Im going for a slight extra push from my stock audio system, setoff a few car alarms next to me type thing but still be able to hear my music (the voice of the singer). Its a 2004 Honda Accord with stock NAvi system?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

ps both will run off a jl 1000/1 slash series amp

Edited by mnapoleon

i've never heard of a singer who sings below 100 hz.

i dont think either of these speakers will help you hear singers more.

on youtube videos of fi or jl all i hear in the car are these buzzing noises well that are annoying since i cant even hear the person speak. What i am looking for is something to set off alarms yet be able to the adjust the subwoofer to where i get a little extra thump with my music.

thanks for the help

Edited by mnapoleon

the microphones on most of those point and shoot camcorders dont do a good job at picking up the low frequencies, and generally at those sound levels they just distort and you dont hear anything else.

In real life, obviously when you turn the sub up you will drown out the voices, simply 'cause your subs will push out many more decibels then your other speakers will. But if you turn down the gain on the amp, you can get a subwoofer that blends in with your front speakers, and "matches" them with the correct volume.

thats less an issue of subwoofer type, and more an issue of how much power you're running and whether you control the bass level or not.

whats the question.

Im going for a slight extra push from my stock audio system, setoff a few car alarms next to me type thing but still be able to hear my music (the voice of the singer).

Is your penis that small? Some reason you feel the need to be a social ass and screw with other peoples things? On top of that subs and voices have nothing to do with each other.

if i found out some punk was purposely setting off my car alarms with his soundsystem just to be a smart ass i would gladly punch him in the face.

yeah wtf, that chit is dumb.

and especiallyy when you have a 1000/1, your gonna be HELLA loud

lol

if i found out some punk was purposely setting off my car alarms with his soundsystem just to be a smart ass i would gladly punch him in the face.

so you would punch steve meade in the face? he does that all the time.

Punching someone in the face is a bit extreme, but courtesy is courtesy no matter who you are :) I don't follow anything Steve does so I don't know if he does that or not, but we're all held to the same standards of respect...I hope.

To the OP, you're comparing apples and oranges.

he only films him self setting his FRIENDS car alarms off.......

from what i see steve hits the open road to let it wang.....

or a empty parking lot.

and sure he lets it knock for tha fans at the store or where ever.......

but i highly doubt his dreams were to set out to set peoples alarms off.....

or maybe im wrong.

Hi im new to this board and in that case new to subwoofers in general. My question i cant decide on which subwoofer to get. Im going for a slight extra push from my stock audio system, setoff a few car alarms next to me type thing but still be able to hear my music (the voice of the singer). Its a 2004 Honda Accord with stock NAvi system?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

ps both will run off a jl 1000/1 slash series amp

i think what your after is a FULL sound..... perhaps somthing in the SQ area.... its gonna be a long road.

try and narrow your goals down.

and share with us your music taste, and perhaps a goal.

IMO. it sounds like you would enjoy a Q on full range

IMO. it sounds like you would enjoy a Q on full range

Huh? You don't mean a Fi Q running full range, do you?

i've never heard of a singer who sings below 100 hz.

i dont think either of these speakers will help you hear singers more.

What he means is.... He doesn't want a sub which will over power his stock front stage. If you want something to set off car alarms, it's going to over power your STOCK speakers no matter what you do. I would go with a Q or an ICON.

a sub that will seamlessly blend without powering the front stage.

...and he wants to run 1000wrms per sub and set off car alarms.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking :lol:

bwahah funny thing is this guy is serious.

and my bros 2 10 inch kicker comps set off alarms. lol not an accomplishment.

OP what you should do is do some of your own research first and then come back with some questions that we might actually be able to answer...

you want the sweet spot, being so loud that you set off alarms yet not loud because you wanna hear the voices..

lol

what does steve meade have to do with anything?

what does steve meade have to do with anything?

Complete misapplication and understanding, ie nothing.

I know less than my dog about audio but coming onto a very respectable audio forum saying you 'want to set off car alarms' is like joining an NRA board and saying you want a gun that you could take out your co-workers with.

But for the little advice I do have, the JL 1000/1 is a great amp that will power a lot of great subs so you can bounce around subs until you find one you like (buy used).....or buy my JL 13w7 for $550 and you'll knock over joggers w/ your bass

I thought about giving advice at first, then I read you want to set off car alarms and decided against it. If you set off my car alarm on purpose I would throw a rock through your windshield.

Sign in to follow this