orange_soul

Some help for a SPL box ? :D

I was designing a SPL box for 2 10's but i was seeing in other box's a triangle down in the port here is a image of my design.

Imagen1.jpg

is this correcto or do not is very efective in spl designs?

is for 2 10" it have 2.33ft3 with the woofer, port & 45's displacement, the triangle is not contemplated in the displacement.

i hope you can help me

Edited by orange_soul

I think thats a pretty common item placed into boxes SPL or not. The 45'd corners generally help with the air flow. Only thing to remember now is that you have a bit more wood in there when you calculate the total volume with displacement

im guessing its for a panda/marbella or similar? you should test with and without cuz it could help you or it could hurt you

im guessing its for a panda/marbella or similar? you should test with and without cuz it could help you or it could hurt you

i think it is, here in mexico the model is chevy this is an image

4F700_4.jpg

is the same as the opel i think so.

actually the box is all redy made, i put in 2 10" kicker cvr dvc 4ohms and a memphis mojo 2kw old school att 1 ohm :P, my wiring is 4 lines of 0 Gauge 2+ , 2-

i make 144.1db with the oem battery.

the subs do not support that power is to much in the 8 burp smelle like hot cake :P

i will put a pair of RE SX DVC of 2ohms to put the mojo at .5ohms and a hc2000 of kinetik or a nsb75 by northstar

i will test any way

thanks for the advice.

Edited by orange_soul

I have seen good results in similar cars with the subs and port firing up.

A friend of mine has the same car (2 door version) but we didn't have time to play around with box positioning :(

i think it is, here in mexico the model is chevy this is an image

4F700_4.jpg

is the same as the opel i think so.

actually the box is all redy made, i put in 2 10" kicker cvr dvc 4ohms and a memphis mojo 2kw old school att 1 ohm :P, my wiring is 4 lines of 0 Gauge 2+ , 2-

i make 144.1db with the oem battery.

the subs do not support that power is to much in the 8 burp smelle like hot cake :P

i will put a pair of RE SX DVC of 2ohms to put the mojo at .5ohms and a hc2000 of kinetik or a nsb75 by northstar

i will test any way

thanks for the advice.

what part of mexico you from, Im from monterrey, san nicolas, but i moved to texas....little sound systems in those cars bump

i'm neer :P im from saltillo dude, i wanna make 150 with 2kw i will make my best to try to make it. i see 150db with a same amp like mine in a 2 doors peugeot & 2 p2.0 of mmats.

use duct tape!

If you have a meter available to you, do a ton of testing with position of things. I'm talking try it with the back seats down, visors down, glove box open, front seats forward/backward more, leaning towards the center of the car, etc. I've seen an extensive test like this done and it gained 2 db just from these little things. and yes, duct tape was actually one of the little tests! I think he applied it around the subs, sort of like an extra sealant between the subs and the box.

^^^^^ X2 on my van i gained by opening the glove box, pressing againts the window where the meter is, lifting the wippers(or however its written lol), pressing aginst the back door and making like a front to back on it..try anything that comes to ur mind :P