Chevy350TPI

New Tires

Well, I want you guys to look over my logic.

I was figuring that after winter I'd buy some new tires for the Mazda (FWD).

Right now there are four all seasons on it. It appears as though the original factory front tires were moved to the rear, and a new set of all seasons were purchased and placed on the front. The tires in the rear don't have a lot of tread left on them - in fact, they look just like a street drag radial with minimal tread. I enjoyed yanking the e-brake through the floor when I didn't have the uberwoofer in there ... needless to say, I don't do that anymore.

There's plenty of tread left on the front all seasons.

I figure I'll throw the front all seasons on the back, so that takes care of that.

I was thinking of getting a pair of new high performance all seasons on the front for the spring/summer/fall (odd wet road, doesn't rain much here) and I'd also get a pair of dedicated winters for the front in the winter.

My thinking make sense? Any other suggestions?

The kicker : the tires are only 155/80R13's ... real small ... tires start at around $25 / tire for a decent Goodyear all season. Therefore I can spend a little more on a good all season (not worried about winters at this point). A little lower profile for the spring/summer/fall tires is fine - as long as it fits on the stock rim.

Go nuts ... suggest what you want. You'll find there aren't a lot of tires of this size with a high performance tread pattern. Right now I've only seen a few Goodyear's, Kumho's, Uniroyal's, etc.

EDIT ~ We'll say around $53 USD per tire for the all seasons. All four tires will come out to around $250 CAD - which is what one tire was for the truck - I love small cars.

- Steve

cant recommend anything for a 13 inch rim, sorry man. Your best bet is to go with those goodyears.

Yeah, brutal 13" rims.

Between denim and myself, I think we've almost covered a good chunk of the tires out there - but nothing smaller than a 17" I believe.

- Steve

a damn good tire is the bridgestone dueler revo, not too cheap, but excellent all around, you can get those for a 15"

Also look at some of the yokohamas or kumhos they arent bad tires either.

i have never really had any tires that just tottlay sucked. I mean I have all yar round tires so, from 95 degrees to 20 degrees my tires are fine, just depends on how i drive, in the snow is all.

So i would say spendin extra money on a exspensive tire would be like buying those +4 spark plugs. Thier nice, but you really dont need them.

Those are nice. I'm also looking at the Kumho Touring A/S 795 and Kumho Power Star 758 right now.

- Steve

make sure you dont change the size of the tires unless you replace all 4 of them :)

<shrug>

Different tire and wheel sizes on the front and rear is the way to go ;):P

- Steve