meccalli

anyone use Q's for comps?

after changing from goin bl to q...i wanna kno if i can still compete with em and still be in the high ranks(high 45+db)..if anyone has done it ...specially with a pair of 18 q's lemme know your score on TL and your enclosure specs...i have a an old(tricked out)corrolla hatch back...enclosure designs for optimum output??,..thanks!!

Dont see why it would be a problem.

john's right, but i have seen a pair of 12" Q's break 145 so it is possible. Hell, anything is possible.

just to clarify you could also do a wall of 18s and not break into the 140s if it's done wrong, it's 99.99999% about the install, the rest is equipment

after changing from goin bl to q...i wanna kno if i can still compete with em and still be in the high ranks(high 45+db)..if anyone has done it ...specially with a pair of 18 q's lemme know your score on TL and your enclosure specs...i have a an old(tricked out)corrolla hatch back...enclosure designs for optimum output??,..thanks!!

why do you want to switch from bl's to q's?

no i dont think he owns bl's... i think he was GONNA buy some bl's but then chaged his mind to Q's

no i dont think he owns bl's... i think he was GONNA buy some bl's but then chaged his mind to Q's

aaahhhh....indeed.

yep exactly that.........i realised im not all spl monster...........i love sq too..and based o what ive read throughout this forum...the Q takes the cake hands down!!!!.......now to wait for christmas to order them....lol.

My best last year was a 144.2 with one 15" Q and one Sundown 1500D. Tuned for daily it will still do a 143. At world finals I was able to do a 146.1 with the same sub and a Sundown 3000D. These scores are legal MECA scores at the headrest in my Scion TC.

My team mate Corey did a 143.9 at world finals with one 12" Q and one 1500D out of the trunk of a Sentra.

The Qs can get loud!!

Edited by thefordmccord

My best last year was a 144.2 with one 15" Q and one Sundown 1500D. Tuned for daily it will still do a 143. At world finals I was able to do a 146.1 with the same sub and a Sundown 3000D. These scores are legal MECA scores at the headrest in my Scion TC.

My team mate Corey did a 143.9 at world finals with one 12" Q and one 1500D out of the trunk of a Sentra.

The Qs can get loud!!

whoa! you put 3000 watts on a Q? damn, i didn't think it would take that at all. What's that box tuned to?

whoa! you put 3000 watts on a Q? damn, i didn't think it would take that at all. What's that box tuned to?

Yep!! The box was tuned in the 44-46 range peaking at 48. It was about 2.8 cubes after displacment. There is no way I would run it daily like that, but it didn't mind playing music for 30 seconds durring my run.

Frankie Rio has Q's doing a 158.x bassrace and a 161.0 in bassboxing! All in a Lexus SC300. 12 Q 12's on 12 Crossfire 2400's.

Frankie Rio has Q's doing a 158.x bassrace and a 161.0 in bassboxing! All in a Lexus SC300. 12 Q 12's on 12 Crossfire 2400's.

:drink40: holy crap