Nickleahy23

Blow-through in my bagged 95 fullsize chevy

I'd love to have one these truck's because of the body lines and the versatility of it. But I would have to agree, one of the newer LS series motors would be needed. I'd prefer just an LS1 even. NIce truck, and very nice install.

i remember seeing your threads on FullSizeChevy.com

i wanna see some shaved ass shots!

when u blowthrough in a pick up....did u do any type of bracing with the bed and cab. I know sometimes guys who have walls or blowthroughs in pick ups have a slight wobble between the cab and bed which will break the seal around the enclosure. so I see some people weld braces between it.....did u do anything like that? Nice build by the way.....much props to u.

Edited by SKEEMASK

i remember seeing your threads on FullSizeChevy.com

i wanna see some shaved ass shots!

His black truck is not shaved. The blue one was.

when u blowthrough in a pick up....did u do any type of bracing with the bed and cab. I know sometimes guys who have walls or blowthroughs in pick ups have a slight wobble between the cab and bed which will break the seal around the enclosure. so I see some people weld braces between it.....did u do anything like that? Nice build by the way.....much props to u.

His blow through isn't cut up to much in my opinion. He only has that strip that is about 4" tall and 36" or so inches wide. If you go back a few pages you can see that.

You are right in the fact that the bed and cab do move differently. But not a huge amount. Again with this design there isn't a huge hole in the back, with a large structure coming through this would be an issue, or if it was very open, only his "port" comes through on this truck. It is sealed up between the cab and bed with an RV style accordian boot. He could have reinforced it to probably gain some db's but, but for a street truck, and not competing much it wasn't completely necessary.

I'm his buddy and helped him with all the builds so this is why I know. Any more questions feel free to ask. He doesn't lurk here as much as I do, but I can let him know to check.

Edited by DontBClippin

yeah im AKjay907 on FSC i was just talking about the roll pan and whatnot...

You should make some vids!

what did you tint the tails with, they look like they have a flat finish to them.

They are suppost to be kinda flat as the truck is flat black/satin black w/e you want to call it. I think the painter just hit them a few times with the paint used to paint the truck IIRC...Still show up well enough at night.

Alot of people use VHT Nightshades or a professional painter can mix up a ratio of clear/color that will be transparent enough. I rattle canned mine with some basic paint and they turned out alright.

Edited by DontBClippin