jonnyboy103

Rl-p 12" Dilemma: To keep or not to keep?

So after 2 happy years with my rl-p 12" being powered by an elemental designs 900.1 my amp has chit the bed. I sent it back to elemental designs 2 times to be fixed for free and each time I got it back it worked for a while but the arrived at the same terrible fate. I am not tired of paying 20 dollars to ship it back to be "fixed" again, so I am in the market for a new amp.

Here lies the Dilemma, I want to buy a multi channel amp to power a set of components and a set of 6x9s in the back as well as an amp for my rl-p 12 without going bankrupt or running 0 guage wire. The alpine pdx-5 was an appealing choice until i saw that it only pumps out 300 watts to the mono channel which wouldn't do for my sub, right? Can anyone suggest either a 5 channel amp that would power an rl-p 12 (if one exists) or another mono amp thats not $600 and would do while still leaving me some money to buy a 4 channel amp that puts out at least 70 watts per channel?

My other thinking is ditching my rl-p and buying maybe a pair of JLs that i could run off of 300 watts, but I love my sound splinter! What do you think? Thanks

I bet you'll have enough output with 300W...of course, I'd rather ditch the 6x9s and use the 4-channel to run the components active, but that's another story :)

small memphis belle would be perfect. 500wrms on the sub channel....

btw, what is your budget?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

a small belle. mch600d...can be anywhere on the net for under $500, most are around $400 new.

kicker zx700.5 would work as well, and under yoru bidget.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'd say keep it and also reiterate to ditch the rears idea. Complete waste of money.

Oh, and what a surprise on the eD crap. Those idiots. :(

The kicker is good, I have not played with the belle but Kent would not steer you wrong. Check ebay for JBL 755.6II, not a ton of power, but a good 6 channel that will do a very good job.

Thinking about it now I think I will ditch the 6x9s and just get a more powerful 2 channel amp and a seperate mono amp. In this case can anyone suggest just a reliable amp to power an rl-p 12?

You could also get a big ass 4chn that has two bridgeable channels that will give you 400-500w for the RLp

You could also get a big ass 4chn that has two bridgeable channels that will give you 400-500w for the RLp

fing05.giffing05.giffing05.gif

I say ditch the rlp-12's and sell them to me :D

i know i have 2 12" rlps im trying to figuere out if i want to keep them or sell them

whatcha all think?