Kybol

New guy thinking about a RL-i8

I have a 98 GMC extended cab sierra and Just ordered some new components and will be buying a sub in the next month or 2. I was thinking about the RL-i8 or maybe a 10, I want to go with a sealed box under the rear seat and have a 600w mono amp to run it. Do these subs sound good sealed or should I go a different route?

Thanks for any help guys.

There are no 8s currently available or slated to be available in the near future. The 10s are supposed to work great in a sealed box.

Go for the 10, it doesn't take much more space sealed at all and with 600w you have more than plenty ot power it.

Go for the 10, it doesn't take much more space sealed at all and with 600w you have more than plenty ot power it.

I agree. :)

OK, maybe I will go with a 10. I would also have to build a box for it, would 5/8 MDF be enough or should I go with 3/4 for this? Oh and on the box topic, is there any free program that I could use to plan it out in 3d?

Thanks

go with 3/4, just for good measure. 3/4 likes to split easily enough, i can't imagine how bad thinner would be.

about the only free program i know of is google sketchup (IIRC) but that's a CAD-like program, not a box building program

sketchup is about it..but like matt side, it's a CAD like program

5/8 will work, brace it and you'll be fine. glue and brad it together, stay away from the edges, and it will last a long while.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

go with 3/4, just for good measure. 3/4 likes to split easily enough, i can't imagine how bad thinner would be.

about the only free program i know of is google sketchup (IIRC) but that's a CAD-like program, not a box building program

Are there any box building programs, or is it all just CAD software?

There are programs that help you figure what the volume needs to be, but from there it's all pencil, paper and a calculator. The CAD programs just make it look pretty so you can show what it should look like before you mess up the build ;)

lol @ helo

btw, while there are no rl-i8s currently, mike does have some other 8s that are similiar. check out the orphans

and email him about the audiopulse 8s he had that are a dead ringer (IIRC) to the rl-i8s. they were reserved for people who were on a waiting list for the rl-i. but he was going to sell any left over that weren't claimed by those folks.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: