TooLoud4You

How to Bypass Pioneer AVH-P4000?

Hi I have a Pioneer AVH-P4000 headunit and I love everything about it except I have not found a way to bypass the dvd player. Does any1 have some ideas on how it can be done, or does any1 have this headunit and know how?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

we use a regular relay

85 and 87 = ground.

86 = Decks Remote turn on wire.

30 = parking brake wire from deck.

yea i thought u just had to ground the parking break wire to a constant ground

some of them you need to put a switch on the parking break wire.... ground the switch and hook it to the parking wire.. you will need to flip the ground switch on then off.. then on again...

we use a regular relay

85 and 87 = ground.

30 = parking brake wire from deck.

so I just get a relay and wire these wires together? what do the numbers stand for? Also, if i drive a manual what do I use as the parking brake?

Thanks for all the info

the numbers correlate to the relay...

u still should have a parking break

you won't need to use the switch if you use a relay... the remote wire will turn the relay on and off for you in the same manner a switch would...

The new 4000's from pioneer no longer support just grounding the Parking brake....

You don't need the parking brake wire of the car at all if you use the relay... The aprking brake wire in the relay is the one from the Headunit that is labeled "parking brake"..

I haven't tried the relay thing yet. I'm sure it works. However. here at work we just hook the park wire from the radio into a switch and ground the other side with the radio ground and it works just fine. just an fyi

FOSHOOOOOO

I bypassed me Jensen by grounding it, when you wire it to your parking brake it grounds it so it will play DVD's, so when you ground it to your radio ground the deck thinks the parking brake is on all the time...

I have the same head unit and same problem. Mine is grounded but still says it cannot be operated while the car is in motion... even if the parking break is on, still no luck!

Stephan, you need to read the thread.

With the wire grounded it has absolutely no idea what position the parking brake is in, thus explaining why it does nothing for you.

Put a switch or relay on that grounded wire & you will be golden.

when its switched.. it sees that its on operation... grounded... then ungrounded. and then over again. does this make any sence.....

now some head units like the pioneer dvd avic n1 2 3 and are diffrent.

i have another dvd player that i have as a video input, then i can watch a dvd... while listing to music.

With the relay you don't need to touch anything...

A lot of OLDER decks you can just ground the parking brake wire...

For the new 08 pioneers they made it a bit more tricky, you can't just ground the wire...

Relay cost less then a switch, no drilling needed, no flicking it nothing..... When the deck turns on the remote wire has a slight delay added with the relays slight delay in switching does the EXACT same thing as a switch...

Just wire it up and go...

NC 1 what deck is that ??

For the new 08 pioneers they made it a bit more tricky, you can't just ground the wire...

Relay cost less then a switch, no drilling needed, no flicking it nothing..... When the deck turns on the remote wire has a slight delay added with the relays slight delay in switching does the EXACT same thing as a switch...

pioneer dvd avic n1..... stoney.

the reason why i do mine with a switch is because.. when a cop rolls up on me i can just push my switch and BLUE goes the screen.....

if he pulls you over you most likely will have to put your parking brake up thus he can't do anything...

THat's what we tell customers... 2 people said it works... The cop can't ask you to put down your parking brake in hawaii to check it.. due to safety reasons

AVic n1 2 versions.. first version only needed to ground the PB wire... the second version you have to remove a foil and solder a jumper wire

AVic D series you need to remove the mute wire and shove it in the opening right above it then ground that wire and the parking brake wire...

Avic Z series is the same if it was made before a certain date... after a certain date you can DL a program and burn it to CD... load it into the Z series deck and it will unlock video in motion.... You can DL this froma bunch of places...

For the F series remove the Mute wire and Move it to the lower row, 4th pin from the left (empty pin between 2 black wires)

the pin directly below the mute wire does not work then ground the mute wire and parking brake and you're good to go

With the wire grounded it has absolutely no idea what position the parking brake is in, thus explaining why it does nothing for you.

Thanks I was just confirming with the previous post that my model does the same thing :) I don't watch videos or DVDs in my car even though I have 3 screens lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IR4A...me=&seller= is the relay I was going to buy, is there any others that are cheaper? $18 isn't a lot, but it's always nice to save an extra penny.

Just grab a regular relay from the nearest car audio shop for like 4 bucks...

Also FYI... When you wire the relay in you need to reset the unit by either hitting the reset button or unplugging the rear power plug....

Thanks I was just confirming with the previous post that my model does the same thing :) I don't watch videos or DVDs in my car even though I have 3 screens lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IR4A...me=&seller= is the relay I was going to buy, is there any others that are cheaper? $18 isn't a lot, but it's always nice to save an extra penny.

i never watch them in my car either.. i have 4 screens... and 2 dvd players.... but i did find it usefull when i went on vacation... i pulled over to wait for the rest of our convoy.. and poped in some TBP...... i watched "im not gay i love lucy, wait maybe i am gay" for those who care.

I just bought the Pioneer AVH-P4000dvd and have some question about hooking up the relay.

we use a regular relay

85 and 87 = ground.

30 = parking brake wire from deck.<br>

My question is if the remote turn on wire (86) still needs to be ran into your main wiring also? And same goes for the parking brake wire.

I provided an illustration to show you what I mean. The question mark wires are the ones I'm not sure of.<br>

relay.gif

Second question, is if a relay "socket" is the same as a regular relay? Will this one work.

Nope on the parking brake wire... you DO NOT hook it up to the vehicle parking brake wire...

the remote wire will depend if you have a factory amp... then YES you will have to branch it off to the factory car harness..

And NO the socket is just a piece that goes on the relay so you don't have to butt female speaker crimps...

the relay plugs into the socket and then you use the sockets wires to make your connections...

this is what a relay looks like

now you can see how that socket fits onto the relay...

DEI610T.jpg

Nope on the parking brake wire... you DO NOT hook it up to the vehicle parking brake wire...

the remote wire will depend if you have a factory amp... then YES you will have to branch it off to the factory car harness..

And NO the socket is just a piece that goes on the relay so you don't have to butt female speaker crimps...

the relay plugs into the socket and then you use the sockets wires to make your connections...

this is what a relay looks like

now you can see how that socket fits onto the relay...

DEI610T.jpg

Great thanks!

i never watch them in my car either.. i have 4 screens... and 2 dvd players.... but i did find it usefull when i went on vacation... i pulled over to wait for the rest of our convoy.. and poped in some TBP...... i watched "im not gay i love lucy, wait maybe i am gay" for those who care.

LOL Trailer park boys.

sorry guys kind of new to this, setting up the pioneer avh-p4000 in a conversion van. the only part im having troubles with is on the relay that says "decks remote turn on wire" Can anyone explain what that is or provide any figures or pictures.. Thanks a bunch

sorry guys kind of new to this, setting up the pioneer avh-p4000 in a conversion van. the only part im having troubles with is on the relay that says "decks remote turn on wire" Can anyone explain what that is or provide any figures or pictures.. Thanks a bunch

That is a 12 volt switched power. It turns your amplifier on and off.