Sign in to follow this  
edthedrummer

Expedition w/four 18" BTLs

i made this post on termpro but it belongs here as well...i'll give you guys the shortened version.

i flush mounted the aero ports.

portsflushmediumqb5.jpg

superflushmediumvb0.jpg

four kinetik 2400s (one under the hood)

emptytrucklargemn7.jpg

closeupspeakermediumir8.jpg

closeupundersidespeakerbu3.jpg

entire box is double layered 3/4 mdf

speakersinmediumvs2.jpg

speakerstopmediumyq3.jpg

boxfinishedkk2.jpg

temporarily using two memphis 4kws till my four groundpounder 3000s arrive this month

ampsmediumuv7.jpg

box is 28 gross 25 cubes net, 14" long aeros, 226 sq in of port

heres the vid it did 152.0db at 33hz

it'll peak at 36hz and does 153.0db @36hz

its unnecessarily loud on the low notes

tried a new port, 400 sq in flared slot using 8" pvc

img0099mediumbn7.jpg

img0100mediumcj6.jpg

trying to raise my note but it didnt

old setup did 152.0 at 33 this did 152.4 at 33hz.

old setup did 153.0 at 36 this did 152.5 at 36hz.

so i'll stick with the aeroports for now

gonna go get my bass race on tomorrow in wooster...

feel free to leave any comments or suggestions...

I like the flush mounted aeros

if they are anything like the old btl's you will want 440sqin of port about 21in long tuned about 33hz peaks around 36hz. are your goals pure spl for comps? if so have you had your vehicle frequency tested 36hz is a little low to burp at for high numbers. have you tried higher tones like in the 40's with the 400sqin it should peak at 42hz the aeros peak at 36hz even with to small of port area they would still do better at 36hz

Edited by dbjunior

my goals are to be loudest at 41 or 44hz for bass racing young jeezy or lil john at comps. the louder the better. im using the go getta remix which is like 38hz and its working fairly well for this setup, but the other two songs are more constant for bass race. so i would like to get my note up.

with the flared slot it did around a 149 at 43hz. i tried everything from 33-45hz with the flared slot, and 33hz was louder than the aeros by a lil bit and 36 was quieter than the aeros by a little bit and still my peak

my last box was four 15s, 8 cubes net, 80 sq in slot port and loudest note was 47hz

next step will either be to cut down the box and go that route, or just wall it with about 40cubes and 500 sq in of port, im leanin towards the wall. i'll make a post either way of what i do...

Wow. Do the looks of the wood bother you at all? I would feel like I have an 1800's piano in the back of my SUV.

But other than that. Those are some impressive numbers. Nice :)

yeah my boxes have always been resin colored, since i started competing. i really dont care how ugly they look, as long as they perform.

rule of thumb - the uglier the box, the louder it is

Haha. Whatever floats your boat. Competing is your thing so who cares right. My boat sinks without hesitation but thats just me :)

What are you doing with the 4k's when you get the new amps. If selling, please pm me a price on one. I have 1 already, but could always use more!!

Very nice work.

Sign in to follow this