Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

You said you wanted to wait until it went to production to release any spec on the driver if i do recall. The Xcon page says it has went into production so can we have any info on the driver. Power handling, box sizes, T/S parameters? thanks

For now I will give you guys this:

rms will be approx 1500-1700.

The rest we are going to wait just a little longer. :)

So since there is only a proto 12" im guessing the first production run is just going to be 12's?

No, there will be 12/15/18 when the driver is released. :)

sound like these will be perfect to throw a few on a saz3000d...or maybe they are very underrated and can take alot more for daily...

sound like these will be perfect to throw a few on a saz3000d...or maybe they are very underrated and can take alot more for daily...

Right now they will only come in dual 2. So a SAZ-1500D would be an excellent match.

Any clue yet on a release date yet? Also, any other specs (ie box size) you are willing to release to us?

We are expecting the build house to be ready to go shortly after the new year. But we are not promising anything until we have a concrete date. Believe me, if this was not a totally new motor that needed so much steel, it would had been out by now. Something of this nature takes more time.

Thanks for your fast reply. Please just keep us updated with any info b/c i am 99% sure i will be buying either 2 12's or 2 15's thats why i keep asking for box specs :D

And i might have to test some of the 18's ;)

Anymore about these? Would really like to know about box sizes. Thanks

I can give a hint, they are not going to be too far off from Icon box suggestions. :)

any mounting depths?

Not yet.

how would these compare to like an IA Death row? output size.i plan on tuning in the low 30's

The IA DR is a 1000rms driver. The Xcon will be somewhat higher. Other then that we compare them, as they really are in different segments, and we have not tested them head to head.

By any chance will there be a pre-sale on the Xcons?

By any chance will there be a pre-sale on the Xcons?

sorry we don't believe in pre-sales. So we don't do them. We feel it hurts the resale value of the product. And over all hurts the retail and resale value of it to the end user.

sorry we don't believe in pre-sales. So we don't do them. We feel it hurts the resale value of the product. And over all hurts the retail and resale value of it to the end user.

:(

:(

Mark you made little Rob sad!