Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

Here's a sneak peak at whats to come. Our goals with this sub is to have a great sounded sub that can handle gobbs of power. I have a fresh Sundown 1500D waiting for this sub and a brand new text box, 2.5ft^3 @ 32hz w/43in^2 of port. Hopefully I get some time to take a short vid of the crazy amount of xmax this thing has.

Denim can fill in the rest if he so chooses too, anyways, on to the pics.

fing05.gif

xCON%20001.JPG

xCON%20002.JPG

xCON%20003.JPG

xCON%20004.JPG

xCON%20005.JPG

xCON%20006.JPG

xCON%20007.JPG

Me likey! :wackit:

"X"con 12, lol....sounds like it just got out of prison!! i likey tht name...

sub looks badass too!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Very nice man. Cant wait to see the results and such.

I just want to know why is the bottom shaped like a cone? Like is there a prefomace reason or it just is?

i would imagine it is for rearward clearance.

i know it is just a prototype, but i really like the look of single dish cones like re audio, and ascendant audio.

but as for the rest i really like what your going for.

i like subs that handle alot of power, but can still have a nice broad range.

kind of like 2400rms on a single eclipse sw9122, it is a thing of beauty.

i was almost about to perform a sin in my book and buy a 13av.2 to give a try. :rolleyes:

but i am defiantly going to wait this one out instead.

Edited by stovebolt6

How does this stack up to the Icon, more SPL less SQ is my assumption, but I don't really know. It is awesome looking and unlike others I like the dustcap, should be an absolute beast.

Maybe there getting ready for a new basket? I hope so.

As I see the proto 8 is getting a new one, why not this one? :shrug:

How does this stack up to the Icon, more SPL less SQ is my assumption, but I don't really know. It is awesome looking and unlike others I like the dustcap, should be an absolute beast.

I think they should, get some new stuff in the market, I mean, the Icon has been making a huge name for itself, now get a new, innovative sub that dominates and they will have one of the best line ups there is.

good observation, and a really good question/suggestion.

wish i would have noticed that was to busy looking at that azz.

I think they should, get some new stuff in the market, I mean, the Icon has been making a huge name for itself, now get a new, innovative sub that dominates and they will have one of the best line ups there is.

Yulp, SSA is got it going on.

Any chance for a amp line or two?

lol.

i know it is just a prototype, but i really like the look of single dish cones like re audio, and ascendant audio.

i was almost about to perform a sin in my book and buy a 13av.2 to give a try. :rolleyes:

i just bought an "a". ed hate or not, its a product, and im sure interested in trying it out! i will be interested in this woofer as well, but for a diff. purpose i think:D

x2 there. we agree. i would be interested in a new frame as well.. if it didnt hurt the pricing much, AND the woofer needed it! im curious to see how this woofer pans out, and certianly hope the best for ssa.

x2 there. we agree. i would be interested in a new frame as well.. if it didnt hurt the pricing much, AND the woofer needed it! im curious to see how this woofer pans out, and certianly hope the best for ssa.

True, if they can do what they want SPL, SQ and excursion wise with a 12 spoke keep it versus raising the price for a different basket. I would like to see a XXX type 50mm+ Xmax sub from SSA ;)

i just bought an "a". ed hate or not, its a product, and im sure interested in trying it out! i will be interested in this woofer as well, but for a diff. purpose i think:D

wow you and a ed product imagine that! man i miss you on the roe. in a non homosexual way lol.

I don't understand why power handling is such a good thing. If another sub can do the exact same thing but with only 500 watts instead of 2400, why wouldn't you want that?

and yeah.......wait this one out.

True, if they can do what they want SPL, SQ and excursion wise with a 12 spoke keep it versus raising the price for a different basket. I would like to see a XXX type 50mm+ Xmax sub from SSA ;)

THE BELOW STATEMENT FROM A GUY WHO PROBABLY WONT BUY THIS DRIVER, AT ANY RATE, SO PUT NO REAL STOCK IN IT.

o fudge yes. that would be amazing:)