Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

I heard their supposed to be lowend beasts like the icons ;)

Nice!! Now I'm even more excited lol. Hopefully gonna have 2 15" Xcons someday

Would a stock xcon be able to take a 2000D or would that be too much power to handle?

That is really going to be at the upper limits. If you are smart with the gains.

Yeah I would be perfectly happy with a 1500D but I was going to preorder a 2000D.

If it couldn't handle all the power I'd just turn it down some.

how would this compare to the Fi Q? i was thinking of gettin a 18 Q at the end of this year but i might get an 18 Xcon.... then sell my 1200D and get a 1500D and get a custom fishers box.

1200D would actually probably be pretty good on it, being it puts out about 1500w or so.

I'm anxious to see the finished XCONs. Should be ordering mine soon, along with wire, headunit, and get my box built.

how would this compare to the Fi Q? i was thinking of gettin a 18 Q at the end of this year but i might get an 18 Xcon.... then sell my 1200D and get a 1500D and get a custom fishers box.

The Q and Icon are more so in the same general area.

yeah i knew that but i asked how the Q comparers to it because i heard it is basically like a Icon on steroids which would be like a Q on steroids... right? im looking to upgrading in the future and instead of going to a 18 Q" i might just go to a 18" Xcon if its like a Q, but better...

I mean it handles 1750 watts... hits lows like the Icon (which should be like the Q) and is a SQ oriented sub... sounds almost like my dream sub.

yeah i knew that but i asked how the Q comparers to it because i heard it is basically like a Icon on steroids which would be like a Q on steroids... right? im looking to upgrading in the future and instead of going to a 18 Q" i might just go to a 18" Xcon if its like a Q, but better...

I mean it handles 1750 watts... hits lows like the Icon (which should be like the Q) and is a SQ oriented sub... sounds almost like my dream sub.

I think you mean the ICON is a Q on steroids, and the XCON is like the ICON on steroids. If so then yes it is.

I think you mean the ICON is a Q on steroids, and the XCON is like the ICON on steroids. If so then yes it is.

Corrected the above statement. The Icon and Q are in the approx market segment with each other. The Xcon shares the same goal of clean response as the Icon, but design (coil / suspension / motor) are much different. :)

How would a xon compare to the OMEGA in terms of SPL, and Power.. Trying to pick either get the OMEGA or the xcon... Any one have any thoughts going gor 2 12"s for spl bass race..

I have a xxx-6500D going to the 2 12"s on 14.4v around 4500w 5000w at 1 ohm in a chevy 2500HD

If you want a cheap built sub, go with the Omega.

Now if you want quality, with great customer service go Xcon. ;)

what makes you say that omega is a cheap built sub? just curious

I got a brand new 15" Omega lying in the basement of my home (I am in college so I shipped the sub to home)

I am excited to get it up and running in no time.. It looks like a solid sub, so I am not too sure on how can you think that it is a cheap built sub ha?

But now with the free enclosure offer by a guy here, I am tempted to pick up 2 12" Xcons if I can afford it..

How would a xon compare to the OMEGA in terms of SPL, and Power.. Trying to pick either get the OMEGA or the xcon... Any one have any thoughts going gor 2 12"s for spl bass race..

I have a xxx-6500D going to the 2 12"s on 14.4v around 4500w 5000w at 1 ohm in a chevy 2500HD

If you want a cheap built sub, go with the Omega.

Now if you want quality, with great customer service go Xcon. ;)

what makes you say that omega is a cheap built sub? just curious

I got a brand new 15" Omega lying in the basement of my home (I am in college so I shipped the sub to home)

I am excited to get it up and running in no time.. It looks like a solid sub, so I am not too sure on how can you think that it is a cheap built sub ha?

But now with the free enclosure offer by a guy here, I am tempted to pick up 2 12" Xcons if I can afford it..

It's unfair to judge a sub that has not been heard. Please give us a review after you've had some listen time on it.

Cascade Designs omega= cheap. I think not. Had my buddy's in my garage waiting to be installed in his caddy so.... Hooked up a 18" cascade designs in a 5.75cuft bot tuned to 35hz @ 1 ohm on a RD3250.1 in my duster over the weekend and all i can say is WOW. Very impressive. So loud and clean. I am still going to buy a xcon tho, such a sexy lookin sub , plus its time for a new system anyway.

Edited by LoudDuster

so between a BL and an Xcon the BL would be louder and the Xcon would sound better? someone want to clarify/correct my assumption?

so between a BL and an Xcon the BL would be louder and the Xcon would sound better? someone want to clarify/correct my assumption?

You need to define your goals a little more if you are comparing these two drivers. They are in somewhat different market segments.

Well I'll be running 2 15s either way this summer off a Sundown 2000D at .5 ohms so I was wondering if I'd be missing out on something if I got the Xcons over the BLs I was planning on(or vice versa). ~6-8 cubes @ 32hz which one would hit louder and is there an advantage to the other?

Edited by atamanch

Well I'll be running 2 15s either way this summer off a Sundown 2000D at .5 ohms so I was wondering if I'd be missing out on something if I got the Xcons over the BLs I was planning on(or vice versa). ~6-8 cubes @ 32hz which one would hit louder and is there an advantage to the other?

Both drivers have potential to get bruttally loud for sure. But both drivers have very different designs with some what different end goals in mind. Not sure why you want to run the Sundown below 1ohm instead of matching the coil selection of the drivers to run it at 1ohm. Unless you are going to compete, it is not a good idea to run the amp below suggested loads for daily.

Simply: because it will be louder, because my electrical will be able to handle it and above all because Jacob basically said its ok lol. As far as I recall I'm not losing any sound quality or anything just by using a different impedence...these things come in dual 1 and dual 2 ohm configs anyway right?