Sign in to follow this  
04nissanfrontier

Yet another port tuning ? Help me please

Hey first off this forum is badass, learned alot so far!! Well I'm building a new box for (2) 15" DC lvl4/wlvl5 dual 1 ohm coils. This is going to be my 10th box in my nissan frontier so far...havn't found exactly what I'm looking for, hopefully this'll be it. However this is my first L shaped slot port box, so I need some help guys. I've searched and searched and did some more searching and I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want to just post my problem them have somebody fix it for me, I want to understand this. It's driving me nuts that I just can't grasp it.

Could someone give me exact measurments and explain why, so I'll have the knowledge to be able to reproduce this without help.

Alright measurment are all internal,

H - 24

W - 49

D1 - 10

D2 - 14

Total - 8.17 ft^3

Board thickness - .75

After braces and sub displacement - 7.71ft^3

Looking for 34 hz.

Square inch 90

Port opening - 6X15 - Internal

Here are some crude illistrations of the box, What I need is length of each board needed to build port; and why.

Newbox.jpg

Port.jpg

I've got a saz-3000d on the way from here, just bought it last night....can't wait.

Any info given would be great and much appreiciated!!

Thank you for your time,

Dustin

Oopps the measurment on the port illistrations are incorrect it should be 6X15 inch internal port opening.....my bad

Disregard, Fixed it.

Edited by 04nissanfrontier

yes, measure your port down the center line. some people can sketch it out on paper pretty quick, im faster sketching it on a scrap piece of wood with a framing square. it helps seeing it full size

yes, measure your port down the center line. some people can sketch it out on paper pretty quick, im faster sketching it on a scrap piece of wood with a framing square. it helps seeing it full size

What up man...damn you're all over the place! I guess I just need to learn how to use bass box pro, to get my port length right the first time. But until then I guess I'm just gonna put the longest port I can fit in there, then work from there.