Sign in to follow this  
Foxmoto

SAX-100.2 Issue

I've had this amp for about a month now and yesterday as I was driving around I lost power to the front speakers. I thought nothing of it just thinking that the power wire may have slipped out. So when I got home I checked and the power wire is in, all the fuses are fine and there is power flowing through the power wire. The remote wire is also in and has power flowing through it. The amp does not turn on or go into protect. Not sure what else this could be.

I just checked the amp when its powering up and the protection light comes on for 2sec then turns off =/

Sounds like your voltage is too low - did you check the voltage with a DMM ?

Happen to be using an AGU glass cylinder fuse ?

Sounds like your voltage is too low - did you check the voltage with a DMM ?

Happen to be using an AGU glass cylinder fuse ?

Voltage seems fine, reading at 11.4volts on the remote and 12.6volts on the power. I'm using a mini ANL fuse

Try running a 12v jumper from the battery + to remote and see if it comes on.

Tryed that with two different batterys still the same thing, as soon as the car comes on the amp goes into protect.

perhaps your ground isnt good

Thats what I first thought, but I'm using the same ground as the amp for my sub and that one works fine.

11.4 is horrible as is 12.6

car on off?

idle? or rev'd

assessories on or off?

overheating perhaps.

make sure your speaker wires are on and secured tightly loose speaker wire connections are finiky.

also ur remote wire might be real bad with dimming and voltage spikes when notes hit

11.4 is horrible as is 12.6

car on off?

idle? or rev'd

assessories on or off?

overheating perhaps.

make sure your speaker wires are on and secured tightly loose speaker wire connections are finiky.

also ur remote wire might be real bad with dimming and voltage spikes when notes hit

This is with the car on accessory, i dont think its over heating since the one amp is working fine while this one is not.

with the car off it reads 12.9, when the car starts it drops to 12 then rises back up to 12.9 right away. So does the other amp. The remote wire for both amp sits at 11.5.

have you try hooking up your sub amp to the wires connected in your sax100.2? just to double check your wirings if it has power.

Do you have another vehicle belonging to someone you know to test it in just to see if it comes on there ?

I have to work today but i'll try these things once I get home and let you know of any progress, thanks.

Sign in to follow this