Sign in to follow this  
Jordizzle2315

Advice on 15"BTL Setup

Hey guys. I'm planning out my setup and here is what i got so far.

15" Fi BTL - Fully Loaded. Going SPL not daily, and gonna run it at 1 Ohm

Hifonics BXI2608D - Gonna put out 2600Watts at 1 ohm to the BTL (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6637)

I'm also gonna buy an Optima yellow top as a secondary battery for my setup. (Or a Digital Capacitor i cant decide) Gonna try to use 4G power wires for everything.

IS this gonna POUND? Or what? I'm kinda new to audio stuff. Is 2600 Watts too much to put out to the BTL? Any advice is appreciated. I Just need some feedback. Thanks guys!

to much for a btl... no no but i dont think you will get 2600 from that amp...

are you open to some ideas.

It will "Pound" if you make the right box for it. Amp is not going to put out 2600 watts, but you probably won't notice it.

to much for a btl... no no but i dont think you will get 2600 from that amp...

are you open to some ideas.

Yeah I'm open to ANY ideas. Like i said I'm new to car audio so I have to be open to Ideas. Whats another amp that I could use for a 15"BTL? Theres a 2000Watt Hifonics if 2600 is too much. Or should I steer clear of Hifonics?

there are better choices then hifonics

wish i wouldnt have gotten one = [

RF T20001bd, T30001bd, or Sundown Audio SAZ-3000D, or any other more 'reputable' 2-3k watt amp...

Just my recommendation... and running that much power you will want to run ALL 1/0 gauge wire, do the "Big 3," and maybe a new alt...

Either get someone good to build you a box or build one yourself. The box is VERY important.

Get a second batt if you will be running your system with the car off most of the time, but if your car is usually running, just get yourself a new alternator. If you can afford it, then just get both! Have fun bro!

Oh ok. I thought they were alright. Whats wrong with your amp?

nothing really, but i just rather have something else. =P more top of the line quality i guess you could say.

RF T20001bd, T30001bd, or Sundown Audio SAZ-3000D, or any other more 'reputable' 2-3k watt amp...

Just my recommendation... and running that much power you will want to run ALL 1/0 gauge wire, do the "Big 3," and maybe a new alt...

Either get someone good to build you a box or build one yourself. The box is VERY important.

Get a second batt if you will be running your system with the car off most of the time, but if your car is usually running, just get yourself a new alternator. If you can afford it, then just get both! Have fun bro!

Thanks man. I planned on the Big 3 and then I was going to get a secondary battery in my trunk. Either an optima yellow top or a kenetic. One question though, if i got a second battery, am i able to hook it up to my current alternator? And about the box, I have a feeling I could make a good box. I'm gonna use this site for the the actual plans for the box.

https://www.klausaudio.com/myaccount/view_b....php?boxid=8971

Note: This isnt the actual box I am going to make, I just put in some random numbers.

Note

Edited by Jordizzle2315

Sign in to follow this