Jordizzle2315

What will hit harder?

Hey guys what would hit harder? 1 15 BTL - fully loaded. or two 15" BLs With everything except full cooling option?

What are you going to be using for power? Is your electrical up to par?

Im most likely gonna be running them or it off of a 2000 Watt hifonics amp. An i'll be upgrading the "Big 3" and getting a secondary battery. I just wanted to know if a 15" Btl or 2 15" Bls, given the same conditions, would hit harder. It or they would be mounted in a 5.5 to 7 cubic foot box.

Im most likely gonna be running them or it off of a 2000 Watt hifonics amp. An i'll be upgrading the "Big 3" and getting a secondary battery. I just wanted to know if a 15" Btl or 2 15" Bls, given the same conditions, would hit harder. It or they would be mounted in a 5.5 to 7 cubic foot box.

Cone area always wins, granted the conditions are the same. You would be lucky to get a clean 2000 watts, or close to 2000 watts at that matter, out Hifoncs. Look around more *cough* Sundown *cough*! :D

So instead of a 2000 watt rms Hifonics, how about a 2600 Rms Amp. That would probably run closer to 2000 rms right? I would run a Sundown amp but they're a little too much expensive for me. Are there any other cheaper amps than sundown that I could run that are better then the hifonics? So two bls would be more powerful running at the same wattage because of more cone area? That makes sense lol I dont know why i didnt think of that earlier.

All depends on your skill as an installer.

Well I've never installed any equipment before. But thats why I'd get it either professionally installed or get a friend that has had experience. This is pretty much my first system, but I still wanna go big.

So instead of a 2000 watt rms Hifonics, how about a 2600 Rms Amp. That would probably run closer to 2000 rms right? I would run a Sundown amp but they're a little too much expensive for me. Are there any other cheaper amps than sundown that I could run that are better then the hifonics? So two bls would be more powerful running at the same wattage because of more cone area? That makes sense lol I dont know why i didnt think of that earlier.

It depends though, theoretically if you had the BL's in a sealed box and the BTL in a ported box with the same power they would be very close to the same on a meter. It's not just the power, it's the quality of the signal it sends out. Just look for a legitimate brand out there, there are plenty!

It depends though, theoretically if you had the BL's in a sealed box and the BTL in a ported box with the same power they would be very close to the same on a meter. It's not just the power, it's the quality of the signal it sends out. Just look for a legitimate brand out there, there are plenty!

So If the Bls were in a Ported box they would hit harder? I didnt really plan on a sealed box anyway. And how about a US Amps MD-3D for them? Is that an ok brand?

So If the Bls were in a Ported box they would hit harder? I didnt really plan on a sealed box anyway. And how about a US Amps MD-3D for them? Is that an ok brand?

The MD-3D would be good to them, You will be running it at 1 ohm so you really need a stout electrical, you will need a pretty hefty second battery, I recommend Stinger Power^2 cells. But that's just me.

Yeah I was planning on a stinger or a Kinetic. Maybe an optima yellow top but im looking for a dry cell so i can mount it sideways in my spare tire well.

Cone area always wins, granted the conditions are the same. You would be lucky to get a clean 2000 watts, or close to 2000 watts at that matter, out Hifoncs. Look around more *cough* Sundown *cough*! :D

cone area does not allways win.

cone area does not allways win.

Granted power and enclosure are the same, theoretically cone area should win but all conditions cannot be the same every time, leaning towards one side or the other.

Yeah I was planning on a stinger or a Kinetic. Maybe an optima yellow top but im looking for a dry cell so i can mount it sideways in my spare tire well.

Stinger > Kinetik

To the OP.

What you should really learn from this is that you should #1 consider a different amp. Yes it will throw power. But why risk your subs for a budget amp.

This sounds like you have mainly SPL in mind. Find out if you which enclosure will be possible to accomidate. A GREAT sub in a chitty enclosure will still sound like cow dung.

To the OP.

What you should really learn from this is that you should #1 consider a different amp. Yes it will throw power. But why risk your subs for a budget amp.

This sounds like you have mainly SPL in mind. Find out if you which enclosure will be possible to accomidate. A GREAT sub in a chitty enclosure will still sound like cow dung.

X2

To the OP.

Thanks man. I'm gonna continue to look around. And thanks for the Input guys, I appreciate it.