Senco

Run the 3000D at .5 or at 2ohms?

Just as title states, I just aquired an used 3000d and it will be powering an D1 sub.. this is a daily setup and the sub is an RE MT12... Im basically on stock electrical with an yellow top and BIG 3 in an S10 chevy.. Should i wire this in series or parallel you think...

I must add that i dont understand all that much about impedence rise but know it exsist and do not know what or how safe this is at .5 ohms.. anyways, thank you..

Edited by Senco

2 ohms definitely. A 3000d can take .5 ohm, but there's no way that MT would hold up for DD. 2 ohms and it should be around 1500 watts to the MT.

Since it's a daily setup I would say run it at 2 ohms and you should be fine.

If you want to compete, you could burp it at .5, but that is voiding the transferable warranty, meaning you may have a warranty still on the amp and you may void it by running it at .5

good luck

if i were you i would keep your 1500d and run that at .5 ohms, and then sell me your 3000d.

LOL are you stalking me and my 3000d? :eek5wavey:

2 ohms definitely. A 3000d can take .5 ohm, but there's no way that MT would hold up for DD. 2 ohms and it should be around 1500 watts to the MT.

1500?? Am i misunderstanding the power test results Jake has pinned for the 3000.... It says something like 2573 watts at 2.08 ohms, but there's alot of mumbo jumbo that i just dont plain understand in the post... I have been told over and over that i need atleast 2000 rms to even make my MT move but then again, ive gotten alot of conflicting information.. Thats why im now here at the sundown forum and not on ROE or CA asking questions... Thanks in advance..

Unless your MT has a stiffer than normal spider it will sound pretty good with 1500-2000 watts.

Unless your MT has a stiffer than normal spider it will sound pretty good with 1500-2000 watts.

Very good, so the 3000 was a wise investment then for the MT?

What does a 3000d do at 2ohm? At like 13 volts?

1600@12 volts

one customer we have has an MT 15 running off a fosgate 1001bd and its loud so u should be fine on a 3k running half power