shizzzon

The best amps for the money!

I am doin some searchin and plan on posting a lot of amps on here with peoples feedback to them and hee is the first to start-

Bazooka MGA11500H

This amp has been specifically optimized to produce it's most power @2ohms but still be 1ohm stable! What is so good about this is when your impedance curve rises over areas that you wish were louder, this amp will pretty much make that happen.

For example - wire a sub to 1 ohm, put it on a 1ohm amp, it will not hit the 1 ohm mark on the amp but on average may hover around 2 ohms.

This isn't exact science obviously but you get the picture.

So, the specs for this amp-

810w @4ohms

1,550w @2ohms

1,222w @1ohm

Comes with advanced protection circuitry to alert users of potential dangers before they happen, strappable, comes with plenty of tuning capabilities and comes with the capability of being water-cooled.

Recommended to use 200A fuse per amp.

Price - under $200 shipped, Retail - $500

Now... tell me, this sounds too good to be true for the price but what do you guys think?

It says it's class H but i have no idea how that compares to D. I'm assumig it's less efficient if it requires a 200A fuse for a 1,550w amp.

The best amps for the money...........

Easy answer Sundown Audio FTW

Edited by 1qwikstang

Looking at another one-

Autotek SS1900.1D

1000w @ 4ohm

1500w @ 2ohm

1900w @ 1ohm

Price - Under $400

JBL GTO14001

1200w @ 4ohm

1500w @ 2ohm

Price - under $400

The Sundowns are for sure. The PG RSD's are also up there for performance per dollar. In additon to Cadence.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43676

My hamster on a wheel connected to a few wires and light bulbs.

Hey now, that sounds a lot like my amps :)

fing05.gif

I'm going to vote Sundown on this one too...I love my 3K, and it's not even installed yet!

so far all you have is medium power level amps how about higher power levels like 4-6kw something good for comps but can handle daily abuse provided you have the electrical. possible ma audio hk4000d over rated but can be had on ebay cheap for the power proven in comps idk about daily

Medium power, :lol:

Unless you have an 18V secondary circuit in your daily driven vehicle, the HK4000D is not going to be the best choice...regardless of the smarts about using 4kW every day anyway.

as long as you keep voltage above 10.5v i believe they stay on so a strong alt and big battery bank should be fine for one. my buddy has one he uses for comps runs it off a hc2400 and a yellow top. powers 2 10bl's in a blazer and can do 149's consistantly. i know about ten other guys using them some using 16v systems some 12v none 18v

ditch the bazooka we had some at work and they do not perform. Period. The last time I saw some one buy something like that the amp was used and lasted for about a day. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is. I heard nothing but good news about the sundowns a buddy is getting some for his BTL's

ditch the bazooka we had some at work and they do not perform. Period. The last time I saw some one buy something like that the amp was used and lasted for about a day. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is. I heard nothing but good news about the sundowns a buddy is getting some for his BTL's

Don't forget the excellent service and support you get from Jacob at Sundown. This can't be overstated.

in my opinion, i would have to say Cadence. I have a couple of em, never had a problem, put out very close to stated rms, were very cheap( 200$ for 1000w rms, and 99$ for 75wrms x 4), fairly efficient, never ever get hot, and are built like f'n tanks.

so far all you have is medium power level amps how about higher power levels like 4-6kw something good for comps but can handle daily abuse provided you have the electrical. possible ma audio hk4000d over rated but can be had on ebay cheap for the power proven in comps idk about daily

MA is a decent amp, my friend has 4 of them running off a bank of 16v Turbostarts, just runs it on stock 13,14volt on the street and plugs all the 16v into a charger when he is gonna be competing. with 2 x 12" MT's and a relatively small box, probably 4 to 5 cubes, he is doing 157 on TL. not sure what he is doing off normal alternator/battery power or if he tried

for the money, i thin lanzar makes pretty decent stuff, and for dirt cheap used amps, the tsunami GXA1000 was pretty good, i got 2 off ebay a few years back for 50, maybe 60 bucks each

manufacturer authorized refurbs, got my old heatsink sundown 1500 for $360 from db-r, thats a deal

I think this thread is a waste, the idea is good; however, with no organization you are just going to get boner replies. Answering "this brand" is a useless response considering most brands have some good pieces and some junk. Not all of them are into all quality designs like the Sundowns.

This is why i started the thread with a specific model and other replies i've done with specific models as well.

This is true, many brands carry crap, ok, decent and great lines. Many of us are used to that.

I know that the sundown amps are all basically on the same level of great without questioning but for the models out there that need questioning... that's what this thread is about.

One part that's a problem is the "for the money" part :)

Value is a relative thing :)

The best amps for the money...........

Easy answer Sundown Audio FTW

SunDown x2 just my .02cents

but i am Bias as i WIN a Lot of 1st place Trophys with SD SAZ 3000d powering the Beast...

2071728400102948253UzojWU_fs.jpg

P1010805.jpg

victory3.jpg

thats me in the Sundown T-shirt :slayer:

I agree, if there were parameters set then we could gain more out of the topic. Such as, utmost power and reliability, or features and flexibility, or pure clean unfiltered sound, so on so on.