sundownz

Sundown Shallow Mid Prototype

looks nice...any advantages in using the inverted surround? also do u have any idea of the sensitivity or you dont have the parameters yet?

Depends on many variables for the surround - for this design it worked best to achieve the smoothest frequency response.

They are 88.4 1w/1m (true rating, not 2.83v... at 2.83v they are 91.4 dB).

i can :)

I have plans for a deeper driver later for the guys that can fit a bigger driver - but I want this one out first since it fills a sorely needed niche, IMO.

Any plans for a nice, smooth sounding silk tweet to go along with this mid?

i can :)

I have plans for a deeper driver later for the guys that can fit a bigger driver - but I want this one out first since it fills a sorely needed niche, IMO.

Any plans for a nice, smooth sounding silk tweet to go along with this mid?

I sure hope so, in the range of 27 or 28mm with a useable freq. range of 2000 - 30000hz at 125 watts. I would be ditching the CMass in a hurry!

The only tweeter I am working on now is a non-metallic hard dome... the goal is to make a hard dome as "smooth" as possible, I can't stand a harsh tweeter so if it passes my listening testing I'm pretty sure it will for most as well. At least I hope so :)

... and the mandatory, no ETA!

Oh Jake please consider upping it's power handling closer to that of a sax-100.4 active...

OMG i can see it now... Combo deal !!

Thank you VERY much for going with a non-metallic non-harsh smooth sounding tweeter....

I want to hug you (not in a gay way)

Wow this thread sure has taken off.

Let us know how these stack up to the Kodas. If they perform or outperform the Kodas, these would be one hell of a deal. The Kodas are one of the better sound component speakers I've heard.

Any sneek peek pics of this possible? I'm interested

jake-

what is the cutout dimension on these?

my selenium 6.5" mids are going to have a hard time fitting in my door panels the way i want...these would give me an extra .7125" of clearance over the seleniums.

Well you know Jacob, I already want some and you know that I will pony up the cash as soon as they are in production. I will probably want 6 and maybe 8 of the mids and if when the tweets are done I will get at least 4 and maybe 6 of those as well. Just keep the updates coming man.

poo

I know right.....I need some sundown front-stage now :excl: