scrapiron

Finaly posting in here.

Hey guys!

I'm the one that made the "How to" on tinsel lead repair which you guys sticked here: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=19673

So, I figured I'd finally come in here and introduce myself.

Im 28 years old, Live in Houston Texas, and have always loved anything related to car audio.

Heres some of what I had done to a 1986 Pontiac Firebird I used to own. Everything custom built and installed by me.

"The Bird"

mycar.gif

Amp Rack. Various amps, Distribution blocks, Also a capacitor due to headlight dimage and less wear on the alternator. (I have black lights in side the amp rack box that shine down on to the speakers at night.)

myamprack.gif

2, Digital Audio. 1000 watt 4 Ohm Dual voice coil Extended Low Frequency Drivers.

myspeakers.gif

The Firebird was costing too much money to keep running at 20 years old so I recently got rid of it and got a new Toyota SR5 4X4 4Runner. I then transfered the same system from the Firebird to the 4Runner. The whole system fit amazingly well from a Firebird to a S.U.V. With very little modification.

mycar-1.gif

Kenwood MP3 Player, Rockwood 7 band Passive EQ. (Rockwood sucks but its an EQ who cares)

4runnerstereo.jpg

Same system from Firebird in 4Runner

4runneramps.jpg

AHOY......

welcome to SSA....... allways nice to see more TEXANS in this joint

welcome to ssa. i had a 91 firebird about 4 or 5 years back, those and camaro's from that era are very high maintenance. i was replacing something every other week, then i decided to swap out the 5.0 tbi to a 5.7 tbi. then....after all the cleaning, rebuilding, and painting, the friggin wiring had unforeseen issues. i gave up and sold it. kinda miss the car, definitly not the hassle. lol!!!

Salutations!

welcome to ssa. i to was in the same situation. Loved the car, hated the bills. Here's the one I built.

Untitled-41.jpg

Untitled-36.jpg

:WELCOME:

Thanks all!!!

I wish someone from Michigan would pop up...

This is funny! I lived in Lansing Michigan for 13 years (basically grew up there) It is also where that Firebird came from. So needless to say it had a ton of rust underneath from the salt roads in the winter time. Which after 20 years ruined it.

Hope to see you all around.

welcome to ssa. i to was in the same situation. Loved the car, hated the bills. Here's the one I built.

Untitled-41.jpg

that boy is LOW... a tough tow for sure..

that boy is LOW

Agreed!!! Ever since I bought my 4Runner I have learned to hate anything low to the ground. I enjoy sitting up high!

Edited by scrapiron