sundownz

SAE-1200D PRE-ORDER OPEN - $350

Pre-Sale price is $350 on these until they arrive in around 4 weeks. Pre-Sale is direct from Sundown only - once they arrive the pre-sale will be over and they will be regular priced at $499 MSRP.

Price is shipped in the continental 48 states, e-mail for otherwise.

PAYPAL to sundownz@sundownaudio.com to order - no quantity limits!

Or mail a money order / cashiers check to:

Sundown Audio

151 Rebel Hill Dr

Mooresville, NC 28115

If you mail a money order be sure to include a note with your name, shipping address, e-mail, and phone number.

This is estimated time for delivery (4 weeks), could be more or less - but this is a great deal on these amps to those with patience!

Full 2-year normal Sundown Warranty (and 5-year discounted replacement).

SOLID amp, very under-rated.

They do come with a remote gain knob as well, FYI.

-----

PICS:

SAE_1200D_Power_SML.jpg

* Front face identical to current SAE-1000D model

SAE-1200D_Controls.jpg

* Control panel side w/ hi-level inputs and woofer remote input (this remote is not compatible with other remotes)

SAE-1200D_Power.jpg

* Silver colored metal connectors to match other amps. Notice all internal fins are textured with "micro fins", as well as insides of side walls and bottoms of the feet. Very high surface area for heat dissipation!

SAE-1200D_Internals.jpg

* Dual Torroids, large output filter inductor, etc. You can see the substantial transistor banks discussed earlier as well as the healthy sized capacitor banks.

-----

Testing done on August 21st on production sample:

Playing around with the SAE-1200D a bit just testing maximum power, period. No regards to distortion we got up to the following:

43.3 Amps

46.7 Volts

1.08 Ohms Actual

----

2022 Watts

Any more and we would blow the fuses to pieces.

Just curious to see how far we could push it - this is not a test with regards to distortion at all, THD was probably well into the double digits here - well into clipping.

Actual output at low distortion is easily 1200-1500 watts at 12.8 volts in a car.

Oh I'm damn sure in. I must have this amp to complete the full Sundown Audio powered SQ vehicle.

I know your forte is SPL but there is at least one vehicle winning local comps in SQ with Sundown amps.

I'm a little short on cash right now but I'll find a way to get it so put me down for one. :jump:

Oh I'm damn sure in. I must have this amp to complete the full Sundown Audio powered SQ vehicle.

I know your forte is SPL but there is at least one vehicle winning local comps in SQ with Sundown amps.

I'm a little short on cash right now but I'll find a way to get it so put me down for one. :jump:

Do it. :neil:

I won an SQ comp with Sundown amps :)

These 1200s are solid amps - I expect them to be big sellers once a few people get them :)

Jacob,

VERY impressive designs. I love the way you have come along with the design of your amps!!!!

KUDOS!!!

Jacob do you have the Dims for this amp.

I know we may have discussed this before but I'd like to know what they ended up being in real life.

Whats the current draw on this amp operating in the 1000W-1200W range for a daily driver? I currently have an SAE-1000D pushing my 12" Havoc with no probs in regards to my electrical.

Whats the current draw on this amp operating in the 1000W-1200W range for a daily driver? I currently have an SAE-1000D pushing my 12" Havoc with no probs in regards to my electrical.

Efficiency is on level with the SAZ models.

Is there any chance these will be shipped to the UK or somewhere!

it's perfect for me!

i have to buy through DirectICE.

These are not suitable for usage under 1 ohm or high voltage for competition - they are also don't have strapping built in. Other than that they are quite similar to the 1500D @ 1 ohm on a regular car electrical system.

http://www.db-r.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1219867818

Chris @ db-r reviews the 1200D, very good results at high impedance rise levels!

Max Power Tests, with no regard to clipping:

40hz

65VAC 23Amps @ 12.5V = 1495 watts @ 2.8 Ohms

60hz

51VAC 25Amps @ 12.0V = 1275 watts @ 2.04 Ohms

65hz

48VAC 27Amps @ 12.0V = 1296 watts @ 1.78 Ohms

Unclipped (clean sine wave output) Power Tests:

40hz

55VAC 14Amps @ 13.2V = 770 watts @ 3.93 ohms

52hz

40VAC 20 Amps @ 12.5V = 800 watts @ 2 ohms

60hz

38VAC 22Amps @ 12.5V = 836 watts @ 1.73 ohms

69hz

39VAC 22Amps @ 12.7V = 858 watts @ 1.78 ohms

---

Chris was unable to get a lower impedance on his bench setup as he is running a sealed box woofer.

Wow, close to 1500 at full tilt.

Wow, close to 1500 at full tilt.

At 2.8 ohms actual :)

This amp handles impedance rise and higher loads very well.

This amp will be perfect for my stock electrical, otherwise I was going to go with the 1500. You'll see me buying this thing after the winter for sure.

I received word that these are scheduled to hit the west coast in a few days.

This means the pre-sale won't last much longer! :)