Sign in to follow this  
Blitz

Amplifier for Morel Ultimo 10"

Im looking for suggestions on powering a single Morel Ultimo 10" 4 ohm subwoofer, preferably 2 channel that will give me sufficient power at 4 ohms bridged. that seems to me like the most cost efficient and effective way to go. My budget would be in the 300 to 600 dollar range. so far i have been looking at the ARC ks 300.2 Any suggestions will be helpful.

They're discontinued now, but I've always been a fan of the ARC XXK's :)

Or something Zapco...Helix...Zed...you've got a lot of choices to pick from in that budget.

That's a very nice sub :)

Yes I know it is :) I thought about Zapco, and Helix, and ruled them out by price. but now as im thinking about it, I have a high quality loudspeaker, and i don't think it would do the Ultimo justice unless i matched it with a high quality amplifier. so i think i can spend a little more on the amp now. im not too familiar with zed products, where would i be able to find information on them?

i would go with the arc ks500.1 i owned zapco products for 5 months and had nothing but problems. i would not recommend them to anyone.

the arc amp is very nice and I have not had any problems with it.

Edited by ragnaroksq

I think that i am going to be going with ARC. can anyone give me a comparison between the FD and the KS series? i need to make a decision between the ks300.2, ks500.1, or the fd1200.1. I like the simple, clean look of the ks series. ragnaroksq, how did the 500.1 perform?

i think that the foose series has a better "cosmetic" look, but as for performance, i would go with the ks series.

the 500.1 would work for you, but if you want more power, go with the ks 1000.1

i use (2) 300.4 (1) 125.2 mini and (1) 500.1 and i have plenty of headroom :)

i have never used zed so i can't say that they are good or bad, but i can only praise arc :)

ZED are outstanding, just do some digging or research on the ZED amp's. But I am not positive how many ZED's are left at the moment. So I believe the Deuce is your only option at the moment from ZED new. I would like to mention the Sundown 100.2, as it does not have the big name of Zapco yet, but it will be plenty of power for a sub woofer, a number of people are and have used it as a sub amp, not to mention it is less expensive.

I am actually planning on using a very similar amplifier setup with 2 ks 300.2 and the mini for my frontstage haha. i will definately look into the ks500.1 a little more, maybe the 1000.1 but im not sure I want that much power yet. I had also checked on the ZED forum, thanks to Jim, and found that they have a pretty low stock right now, due to concentrating on other things. buuut, i am a very detailed planner, and it will probably take me a month or two to decide anything, let alone purchase it. Definately agree Denim, sundown would be an excellent price break compared to the ARC, that will also be considered. decisions decisions.

you won't be disappointed with the arc products. what type of front stage do you have? I'm using a 300.4 on the mids in the kick panel,another 300.4 on the midbass the mini handles the tweets and the 500.1 powers the sub. by the way, i have the 300.4 amps bridged to each speaker so i'm getting about 275 watts to each speaker.

well as i told you, I am a very detailed planner, I have to be completely sure through months and days of research before I purchase anything to put in my car. I don't want to be dissapointed, I'm sure you know what I mean haha. I plan on running hybrid L8/4/1pro combo, don't have them yet, but will soon. now that i think about it the 300.4 bridged would be great on the L8, i heard they like 300w a piece :D

well as i told you, I am a very detailed planner, I have to be completely sure through months and days of research before I purchase anything to put in my car. I don't want to be dissapointed, I'm sure you know what I mean haha. I plan on running hybrid L8/4/1pro combo, don't have them yet, but will soon. now that i think about it the 300.4 bridged would be great on the L8, i heard they like 300w a piece :D

nice front stage. i have the L1 pro tweets,L4 midrange and the clarus 5.25 midbass. i would assume with correct crossover points, the l8's may be able to take that much power, but i'm not for sure. you should post that question on the hybrid forum on this website or go to www.hybrid-audio.com and one of those guys should be able to let you know.

Picked up an ARC 2100XXK never used for 125$ :) I appreciate the suggestion Jim, thankyou. I probably won't use it on the ultimo due to the 55Hz x 10 crossover which is very convenient, i think it would be a waste to use it just for the low pass.