Koridan

Another Amp Suggestion thread.

Okay s i just got out of the sub thread and decided to go with a single maw-15 setup in my G6. Currently Im using an Orion 600D On two maw-15's which is horrible because i believe they are only getting abot 175/200 watts to each sub. if that. So Im looking for a mono-block amp that will give my maw-15 around 500-600 watts continuous. It's been broken in so I'm sure i can push it to 600 watts. thanks in advance

~MadroX

you can find tons of 600 watt amps for even under 200 dollers on sonicelectronix etc, jsut check them out

sounds like you need a 1200watt mono amp for two maw 15s, right? just for 60 more dollars over your budget, you can get the sundown SAE 1200 with 2 years warranty. :)

it cant be no more than $300 I am already stretching with bills and other necessities. I am not familiar with any good amp brands, I have my same amp for a few years now. So yea any suggestions would be good and I can look into those

You said you only have 2.5 cubes for both 15's ?

Use one with that much power and that airspace...

Check the Cadence outlet for a 2ohm amp to fit you needs. Or we could do a PG 600.1 for $299 from our distributor. :)

i got a pm for regarding a MA Audio HK 401SX for only $225.00 It is a very attractive offer. Especially after looking at the specs. at 500w @ 4 Ohms thats good for one sub then if I decide to ever get rid of the back seat and power both maw's I can Drop it to 1 ohm @ 1200w. Is it worth it?

I saw one of those fail and send DC into a sub, so I couldn't really recommend that personally.

Now an older Cadence, perhaps...it's slightly more power than you wanted, but the A7+HCs were damn near bulletproof.

how much do those run though? I looked at these two amps, what do you think about them

Power Acoustik LFA1-2000D

Pioneer Premier PRS-D1200M

Not sure about either in terms of quality, efficiency etc... But I have heard goo things from Acoustik and I'm a fan of Pioneer Premier I just have never heard any amp's from them

how much do those run though?

They've been discontinued for a couple years, the last time I looked they were around $300. Good for around 1.4kW into a 1 ohm load.

I wouldn't even consider anything PA, and that Pioneer is a 600W amp...

Oh, you were looking at kW amps before, I was confused :)

It should do the job, then.

kicker factory refurbs on ubid.com if your interested zx1000.1 for like 220ish... i got a my kx250.2 off there with no problems. u can add additional warrenty too.

Edited by lithium

kicker factory refurbs on ubid.com if your interested zx1000.1 for like 220ish... i got a my kx250.2 off there with no problems. u can add additional warrenty too.

oh wait nevermind there out... idk if they'll get more in or what... 2500.1 for sale tho...lol id take one...

some is refurb and others are new... sorry if this didn't help but id figure u wouldnt mind another option. good luck with the buy.

Edited by lithium

Oh, you were looking at kW amps before, I was confused :)

It should do the job, then.

What did you mean kW amps? The Pioneer is a good solid amp to use?