cubdenno

Little Sundown System

looks like a beast. it's really going to move some air when you get the full 1kw on those little guys. nice looking build, you got one lucky and very happy boy there! what is your 1500 powering?

looks like a beast. it's really going to move some air when you get the full 1kw on those little guys. nice looking build, you got one lucky and very happy boy there! what is your 1500 powering?

My 1500 is powering a TC Sounds TC3000 15".

Just a little update. I wired the woofers for a 16 ohm load on the SAE 1000D. In his car it was loud. About as loud as when he had 3 MTX 10's at 4 ohm. I made him run this way for the weekend as his box is not sealed because we are waiting on terminal cups to be delivered STILL. Tuesday I wired it at 4 ohms. He put on some DJ Unk. When the first bass notes hit, his face lit up. Talk about a huge smile. He has been showing his friends how even at 4 ohms his stereo is as loud as theirs and in some cases louder in the box that "he helped build." Hopefully this weekend we will get this thing done.

Jacob, these thing really hit amazingly hard. Very detailed and musical even in a big ol ported box. And I do mean big. I am going to get it wired in when done and video him the first time he listens to it for a reaction.

Thats nice. Man, I wished I had someone to help with an awesome box like that. Also, I am going to steal that saw of yours. lol.

I DO TOO! They have a saw like that at our local Lowes. Is that your personal shop? If so, I'm jealous...:)

Sounds like the output is going to surprise all his friends.

oh yeah :D

Thats nice. Man, I wished I had someone to help with an awesome box like that. Also, I am going to steal that saw of yours. lol.

I DO TOO! They have a saw like that at our local Lowes. Is that your personal shop? If so, I'm jealous...:)

I always feel bad that they are cutting it for me and that I am so picky about their cutting.

HOLY chit!!

Four 8 inch subs plus a thousand watts give or take... Hits hard. Can Feel the air move. I am uploading the videos right now to photobucket. Gain is at the minimum. Zero bass boost. Am very happy with the end results! Unfortunately, the boy got rammy with stuffing the box in and peeled a bit of the mdf. will fix that when we paint the box. The boy did learn that taking accurate measurements and then giving yourself a bit of breathing room is important. On the bright side, the box is gonna be a bitch to get out. So theft deterent system built in.

Nice build, looks loud. Good job.

Hope to see it at Bud's this year

Edited by AlpineAndy

Really nice build, its cool you and your dad got a chance to work on it together.

Seeing the E8s in action has me really excited about my build :)

Sounds like it turned out very well for the both of you. I think that you may have created another bass head though. This is where it starts and I'm sure his obsession will only continue to grow from here. I bet those 8's are getting down pretty good, not to mention that the car itself is helping out some. You gotta love hatchbacks. I know that's the only reason that I bought mine :) Good work, now get that boy the Nightshades that he deserves.

Sounds like it turned out very well for the both of you. I think that you may have created another bass head though. This is where it starts and I'm sure his obsession will only continue to grow from here. I bet those 8's are getting down pretty good, not to mention that the car itself is helping out some. You gotta love hatchbacks. I know that's the only reason that I bought mine :) Good work, now get that boy the Nightshades that he deserves.

He was already a basshead. I think it's the age. yes the Sundown 8's hit like a hammer. We chose them for shock factor as in "THOSE are 8's doing that???!!!" The hatchback does help but I gotta really give credit to the box designs of Pete Kulicki. He can really do a lot with some exotic enclosures. Of course this box is giant but for some reason the boy was willing to give up space to have increased loudness...

Nice build, looks loud. Good job.

Hope to see it at Bud's this year

Oh yeah. He even said that yesterday. I see you have changed your system a bit. how do you like the HAT's? I need to swing over to Indiana and give yours a listen.

gives me hope for my single E8 tho its just going into a regular aero ported box

Give it gobs of port area and go a bit bigger than recommended and you will get some serious extension and an increase in efficiency

gives me hope for my single E8 tho its just going into a regular aero ported box

If you are going for sound quality, the design I have runs fairly flat from 30 to 75. There is audible 20 hertz output but because of the tuning frequency of the compound port and the amplification power used,I have the subsonic filter set to just under 30 hertz. if you were going to run less power than 200 watts than the subsonic would not be needed.

great build man, it looks like it all came together nicely. a great budget build too, a lot of us out there can't afford to wall up and run 10kwrms so it's nice to see more realistic system build logs. i bet your son is stoked :lol:

great build man, it looks like it all came together nicely. a great budget build too, a lot of us out there can't afford to wall up and run 10kwrms so it's nice to see more realistic system build logs. i bet your son is stoked :lol:

Thanks!! He has been driving it around since his basketball tourney go over. Showing all his buds. I have gotten 4 calls from his friends on helping them build a box for their cars. It's amazing what Jacob has in these little woofers. Of course only in autosound is 8 inches considered small... I keep finding myself amazed at what these things do.

Ive gt the box almost done guess Ill see how it turned out soon enough Ill have more than enough power for it so Im not worried on that front the bx isnt extremely pretty but you will almost never see it its a regular cab truck all thats really left to do is patch up a couple mistakes and sand it down

I am def. impressed with HAT build quality, I am in the process of installing them right at the moment. Hope to have the whole car deadened and all wires techflexed with everything installed except for the amps by next week. You are welcome to hear it any time just send me a message, I am on everynight.

Can't wait to see what the eights do at Buds this year.

I took the box out to the truck today and did a bit of testing for a single 8 it wasnt bad granted the box was just sitting on the tranny tunnel between the seats so all it was loading off of was the roof should be louder once its behind the seats so it can accualy load off something

and a pic the box is more of a test box than anything Ill probably build another this spring if Im happy with the outcome

003-17.jpg

I took the box out to the truck today and did a bit of testing for a single 8 it wasnt bad granted the box was just sitting on the tranny tunnel between the seats so all it was loading off of was the roof should be louder once its behind the seats so it can accualy load off something

and a pic the box is more of a test box than anything Ill probably build another this spring if Im happy with the outcome

003-17.jpg

Nick, I would have cut the hole for the sub all the way at the opposite end of where the port is instead of right in the middle of the baffle. If you would have put it on that end it give the wave more length to get out of the box and should be a little bit louder that way. It probably won't make that much of a difference but it's just a thought.

ya thats on the list of things to do next box I got to thinking of that when I was playing around with it in the truck I can reuse that port so next time around when I can get better measurements of the centerseat section Im probably going to do an internal port