Sign in to follow this  
tankht56

Need some help with highs and mids

ok i have a 1995 dodge ram single cab and i am buying 8 rockford fosgate 5 1/4 4 in each door a set of rockford fosgate 6.5 components. i want to know what amps i should run these with i would prefer a separate amp for the component set. i am looking to buy from ebay,sonicelectronix,or onlinecarstereo.

this is the product code for the speakers i am going to use.

Rockford Fosgate P162S-- component set

Rockford Fosgate Punch P152C-- speakers

Don't. You really don't want 4 sets of 5.25 comps in each door. No matter what amp you buy won't make that mess sound good.

Simplifying? :)

One component set, one (or two) amps...keep things simple...

im currently coming from a speaker setup that was pretty stupid (4 6x9s behind the seats) a local installer said it would sound good. but i just want to do it right this time so i wont have to go back and do it again. i dont have any speakers in the doors at the moment.

The installer is only sort of right.

For all the money you are going to spend on the all those speakers and amps, you could probably get a pretty nice 2 or 3 way setup and a nice amp, and be just as loud (cuz thats what I think you are trying to achieve)

Do the research before you are dead set on 5 pairs of speakers

agreed, go for a good 3 way active setup. I haven't tried enough tweeters/mids to give you a good recommendation, but shopping wisely you can probably get a good set of 8's, 5 1/4's and tweeters, plus a decent used 6 channel, or 4 and 2 channel amps for about the same cost as your 4 sets of coaxials and one component set

A 3-way active setup is a little out of the realm of someone who's just trying to grasp the concepts, IMO :)