bjfish11

Project David and Goliath

sort of just thought this was going in just a regular ole astro van!

but this is sweet!

?? It IS a regular old Safari van. We've had it for 18 years. Actually, my son who now owns the van was brought home from the hospital in it when he was born!! We changed the wheels from 15" to 18's and lowered it, tinted the windows and put LED's under it. Now we're going from 2 12's to 4 18's. It's kind of a work in progress.

dad what i think he ment was that he wasnt expecting a van with rims or nothing like that just a regular van lol :)

Hey Bud!

whats going on ... so i had a dream that the subs were in and it sounded great lol :dancing:

and good job on sub and box choices :) it looks very good

that looks very dangerous....i bet it could bassrace a 49.9...

bassrace? what do you mean a 49.9 thats not the dbs right?

http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/index.asp?Page=3

We also shorten it to 22.7, 30.9, 49.9, etc.

I read the page but didn't see where they drop the one, but I believe you. FWIW, he hit 146 in the van with 2 12's. I'm thinking he'll be in the 150's with this rig.

and good job on sub and box choices :) it looks very good

Thanks, Anthony's worked hard and had to sell some stuff to get it all.

jacob? ever consider making a frisby business with the amount of circle cutouts u have in the corner.

Jesus Christo.

If you're talking about me, Nope never thought of the frisby business, haha. Oh, and my name is not Jacob. ;)

that looks very dangerous....i bet it could bassrace a 49.9...

bassrace? what do you mean a 49.9 thats not the dbs right?

http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/index.asp?Page=3

We also shorten it to 22.7, 30.9, 49.9, etc.

I read the page but didn't see where they drop the one, but I believe you. FWIW, he hit 146 in the van with 2 12's. I'm thinking he'll be in the 150's with this rig.

hopefully i will hit in the 150's that would be AMAZING :) lol but we will find out soon enough :))))) i cant wait

i said 49.9....its a short way of saying 149.9...i figured everyone knew this but ehhh....GL with the rest of the build hope to see that monster in the lanes

jacob? ever consider making a frisby business with the amount of circle cutouts u have in the corner.

Jesus Christo.

If you're talking about me, Nope never thought of the frisby business, haha. Oh, and my name is not Jacob. ;)

:lol: His name is BJ, I think you are talking about Jacob Fuller, the owner of Sundown Audio. No problem though :)

no video's yet?

na none yet this wknd we should have it up and running ... we cant work on it durring the wk we both work and by the time he gets home its late so the wknd is really the only time we have to work on it

Well, we finally got it up and breathing this weekend. A few observations:

1) It really wangs.

2) The Ficars seem to laugh at the amperage I'm giving them. The SSD's are rated at 750 RMS which is what they're getting, but they seem to want more. The electrical in the van is holding out well and not even bouncing the volt gauge on the dash.

3) It really wangs.

4) We're going to have to fix the roof. Apparantly the skin has come loose from the bracing and it's flopping like a kleenex in a windstorm. We're going to have the roof painted in a month or so and I guess I'll pull the headliner (groan) and have the brace reattatched to the roof.

5) Even though the drivers aren't broken in yet, it really wangs.

6) A couple more pics.

100_2534.jpg

100_2536.jpg

nice. what all electrical upgrades have you done to the van?

We did the big 3 on the charging system. The alternator has been changed to a 200 amp. We also put an Optima red top back by the amp. As far as sound deadning goes, we took every interoir panel out. All the body panels, floor and door interiors got a HEAVY coat of undercoat when we did the previous install. The only panel that didn't get deadned was the roof. I'm sure we'll give it some attention once the headliner is out for the roof to be reattatched to the bracing. I've also got a couple more JBL's to install between the second row of seats.

any sound deading?

yeah man the whole car is sprayed lol when i first had my 12s in there we gutted the inside and took cans or sound deadner and lined the walls floor under body every inch except for the head liner :/

but like dad said it seems like the drivers could take another 3000!! when i was watching them they didnt seem to flex much but i guess that could be caused from them bein new and tight.

but other then that they are loud and everyone has gone crazy when they hear it

its funny i went to the mall and probably a good 45 yrds away ppl were turning their heads to see what was comin

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Hurricane Ike went through here and I'm currently running off a generator. It's supposed to be 3 weeks before the power is back on so my posting will be spotty at best. The terminals appear to be correctly orientated in the pic.

Carl

im in beaumont too

i attend lamar.

when u get this in i really wanna come see it!

PM sent