bjfish11

Project David and Goliath

just a big black wall. where are the subs, come on gotta see sub subs. and where is the vid.

Sub pics start on page 8 :slayer:

but not finished sub pic i wanna see the subs with all the seats back in and amp installed. definatley some vids of them moving and the roof floping around to.

but not finished sub pic i wanna see the subs with all the seats back in and amp installed. definatley some vids of them moving and the roof floping around to.

We'll try to get some up. My son brought it to a local audio store this weekend. He played it for them while one of the workers put his cell phone on the roof. It was getting major air.

The second seat won't go back in untill I finish the box that fits between the seats for the rear speakers.

Here's the rear speakers and seat as requested. Vids still to come.

100_2551.jpg

100_2552.jpg

100_2553.jpg

100_2554.jpg

haha, this thing looks awesome.

the only thing that bothers me is you cant really get to the seat adjuster but there isnt really any place for the seats to go backwards and moving them forward to get to the amp is kinda a pain but the box works well it helps out alot my dad did a nice job

so yesterday i went and got my db reading and i hit a 146.5 and the dash and a 149.6 in the port.

i figure once the roof is fixed and the subs are broken in and i switch out the stack alt with the 200 amp alt i should push 150 thats what im hoping for anyways :)

Impressive!

Are you guys strapping the beast down or letting gravity take its natural course?

Impressive!

Are you guys strapping the beast down or letting gravity take its natural course?

Gravity at this point. In a wreck, it'll never get past the seats. I haven't figured out a way to strap it down that would look decent as well as actually hold it in place. Maybe large L-brackets?

Possible solution in large L brackets.

I used Bowmac reinforcement joiners on my removable wall

http://www.mii.com/site/frameset.aspx?site...sp%3Fpid%3D1493

{ee4d48d7-a1cd-41d2-8ed0-4b431e8f9e52}.gif

if you could find something similiar then I'm sure that it wouldn't be a problem.

Put a couple of M12's bolts in and I'm sure it wouldn't move lol

Even some long tek screws would do it.

Edited by DeeCee

VIDEOS!!!!

that box is going to eat you alive in an accident lol

VIDEOS!!!!

i need to take some better ones the first one wasnt that great but ill take somemore and see if my dad can upload them on here

and the box is pretty solid lol it weighs in at about 350 lbs

VIDEOS!!!!

i need to take some better ones the first one wasnt that great but ill take somemore and see if my dad can upload them on here

and the box is pretty solid lol it weighs in at about 350 lbs

There is gonna be a lot of momentum, 350 lbs will be like a paperweight in an accident. Bolt it down.

There is gonna be a lot of momentum, 350 lbs will be like a paperweight in an accident. Bolt it down.

X2 I had a buddy get knocked out by his dual 12" box in his little mazda hatchback, he's got a nice little scar to go with it.. He never really thought about the chance of getting hit by it in a wreck (he hit a guardrail head on at a T intersection)

I'd Find some way to bolt it down. granted the seats should slow it down or possibly stop it in a wreck... but you can't ever be too safe

X2 I had a buddy get knocked out by his dual 12" box in his little mazda hatchback, he's got a nice little scar to go with it.. He never really thought about the chance of getting hit by it in a wreck (he hit a guardrail head on at a T intersection)

I'd Find some way to bolt it down. granted the seats should slow it down or possibly stop it in a wreck... but you can't ever be too safe

It'll get bolted down. We may pull it back out when we pull the rear headliner to reattatch the roof pan to the bracing. After we put it in, it'll get secured. If he was in an accident bad enough to rip up the rear seats, I'm not sure there'd be much left of the front end (or him) at that point. I don't even like thinking about that.

Very nice setup. I Own a 91 GMC Safari but havnt made any real ambition to get started on it until i get my Talon back up and running.

Keep up the good work

and BJ, i love the box you made for this setup very impressed

Doyle

Very nice setup. I Own a 91 GMC Safari but havnt made any real ambition to get started on it until i get my Talon back up and running.

Keep up the good work

and BJ, i love the box you made for this setup very impressed

Doyle

yeah man the build was alot of had work when we first started on it dropping it was a pain!!! we started all the work when i was 16 and so far we have done alot to it over the past 2 coming up on 3 yrs

This box, complete with ficaraudio drivers is now for sale. Houston TX area. Local pickup. PM me for details. My son has sold his van. The box did a legal 149.9.

Carl

Next time do NOT post items for sale outside the Classifieds section. Thanks!