I am going to be getting my subs back this next week. I have 4 8's a 2000 watt hifonics brtus amp. with i believe 8ga wire with a optmia red top up front. would a cap be the way i should go or would another battery be better.

I am going to be getting my subs back this next week. I have 4 8's a 2000 watt hifonics brtus amp. with i believe 8ga wire with a optmia red top up front. would a cap be the way i should go or would another battery be better.

if ur lookin for a cheap way to kind of solve ur problem then go with the cap or the other battery. but u could always upgrade to bigger wire.. that would help alot

no do not get a cap spend the money on some good wire replace it with 1/0 and do the big 3 in 1/0 if that doesnt do enough get a yellow top for the back or some other agm battery if possible upgrade your alternator as well caps will do nothing when running way over what your car is capable of creating. if it was a 300w amp and you had slight dimming on some bass notes a cap would help

well i dont have alot of money to get a new alt and o ga wire and all that i would like to but i cant so if i did go with a cap what farred should i get?

Yeah, you're going to want to buy a battery instead. i think something like a Yellowtop would help you. Like ^^^said too. Upgrade your power wire to 0 awg and do the big 3 then you'll be fine. I never had problems with these upgrades.

sorry for the hijack but what site would u recommend to get some decent but cheap 0 gauge for big three? i saw that ed sells the kits but i would need to add an inline fuse for that right? can u do it for about 35$?

Edited by lithium

Get 1/0 gauge wire (www.weldingsupply.com) the general rule on caps is 1 farad per 1000 watts RMS. You would be better off getting another battery, but its your money.

sorry for the hijack but what site would u recommend to get some decent but cheap 0 gauge for big three? i saw that ed sells the kits but i would need to add an inline fuse for that right? can u do it for about 35$?

www.weldingsupply.com

this is deff a noob qustion what r the big 3 in detail

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...p?showtopic=200

imo... caps just look pretty. they serve no real purpose. Big 3 and wire upgrade would be way better than wasting money on a cap.

imo... caps just look pretty. they serve no real purpose. Big 3 and wire upgrade would be way better than wasting money on a cap.

+1000000

The cap will not help you (not that they do much anyway) because the power can't even reach the cap efficiently.

The 8 gauge wire is your problem. I guarantee you that wire and terminals will be your best upgrade. Do the big 3, and a run of 1/0 for the amp and you will eliminate much of your problem

Capacitors certainly do work, just not in this kind of application :)

Get bigger power wire for sure

you can always do the big three with 4 gauge if you can't afford the 1/0

definatly upgrade the 8ga to atleast 4, add an extra batt, even a small kinetic 800 or something similiar would do you much better than a cap. I believe you can pick up a new HC800 for like 110

If they were marketed properly, people might understand better.

you can always do the big three with 4 gauge if you can't afford the 1/0

definatly upgrade the 8ga to atleast 4, add an extra batt, even a small kinetic 800 or something similiar would do you much better than a cap. I believe you can pick up a new HC800 for like 110

I think bigjae still has a HC600 for sale

If they were marketed properly, people might understand better.

But then they wouldn't sell nearly as many.

you fail, miserably.

Cap = useless

8ga wire and 2000w amp = wrong

big 3 question, use the search function once in your life please

hifonics :(

Nice post Duran. :)